Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
im new to the forum and have done a little bit of searching on here. Im looking to build my 1250 up and get some more power out of it but the only kits i really find are for the 1130. Does anyone know any sites or part numbers for a stroker kit and/or big bore kit that fits the 1250? Also do you think its worth doing the rotex supercharger or a turbo setup?

-Mike

·
Registered
VRSCAW 2010
27 Posts
fredy.ee
Here some shops to think about.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Hi all,
im new to the forum and have done a little bit of searching on here. Im looking to build my 1250 up and get some more power out of it but the only kits i really find are for the 1130. Does anyone know any sites or part numbers for a stroker kit and/or big bore kit that fits the 1250? Also do you think its worth doing the rotex supercharger or a turbo setup?

-Mike
Yes 1250 is good platform for building strong engine. Charging does not apply just 1130.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh these are awesome sites! I couldnt find this stuff before only one i actually did find was vreeland. thanks guys keep em coming if youve got more!

·
VRSC est -03
3,096 Posts

Installation manual V-rod:

Reactions: beast-usa

·
Registered
368 Posts
Oh ya, and you're gonna need deep, deep pockets.
Deep pockets and you better start reading about the revo motor before you start hucking money at it. its a way different design (and not widely supported at that) than any other Harley motor. unlike the Evo, Twincam or M8 motors where you can play musical cylinders to get substantial increased in displacement, the cylinders are part of the block requiring precision machining to enlarge. The crank too, is a solid counter weight crank more akin to a V8/V6 motor than a flywheel based harley motor (unless of course you find a Falicon billet Crank)

That 1130 you got has a 100mm bore where as the 1250 has a 105mm bore. The reduced bore on the 1130 motor translates to much more metal surrounding the cylinder for more rigidity for say...higher boost pressures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for the responces its given me a lot to think about and ideas for my build.
The motor i have is the 1250 which im happy about. I can definitely see the deep pockets being needed but ill stock upover time before im ready to do the official build. Ive got another 2 seasons before she will need the rebuild at least.
However, i do love the idea of the a wider triple tree as living in new york the roads arent exactly biker friendly lol Has anyone done the larger triple tree, changed the degree on them and or gone to a larger mm front fork? Im thinking of 55mm over the 49 for a little bit better longevity (ive had the bike 3 months and about to change the fork seals for the second time because the pot holes are so bad)

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is tons of good information on this site along with really knowledgeable people who have built some quick V Rods! Research and read along with talking to suppliers! Just know this it’s Gonna cost you mega $$$$ and you still will have a seventeen year old core that handles like a long low cruiser and stops the same! I know I’m gonna get burnt for this but you can buy KTM Super Duke Gt that can run mid to low tens with the right rider. You will also get bunch of high tech suspension and hard bags for you and a partner to stuff for a weekend ride to the mountains just my two cents cause I been were you are thinking of heading. The V Rod was an awesome machine in its day..

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
135 Posts
There is tons of good information on this site along with really knowledgeable people who have built some quick V Rods! Research and read along with talking to suppliers! Just know this it’s Gonna cost you mega $$$$ and you still will have a seventeen year old core that handles like a long low cruiser and stops the same! I know I’m gonna get burnt for this but you can buy KTM Super Duke Gt that can run mid to low tens with the right rider. You will also get bunch of high tech suspension and hard bags for you and a partner to stuff for a weekend ride to the mountains just my two cents cause I been were you are thinking of heading. The V Rod was an awesome machine in its day..
Maybe he wants it faster then 10 sec in a 1/4? :) Stock Vrod's do low 11's a few mods gets them in the 10's, crazy mods gets them in the 8's.

"Take a ride with Clint "8 second" Riley at the AHDRA Jim McClure Nationals Rockingham, North Carolina 10-07-11 During Test n Tune, Clint Riley piloted the BlackCat Motorsports prepared V-Rod to an eye opening 8.388 et @ 156.97 mph surpassing the old record by 3 tenths of a second."

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maybe he wants it faster then 10 sec in a 1/4? :) Stock Vrod's do low 11's a few mods gets them in the 10's, crazy mods gets them in the 8's.

"Take a ride with Clint "8 second" Riley at the AHDRA Jim McClure Nationals Rockingham, North Carolina 10-07-11 During Test n Tune, Clint Riley piloted the BlackCat Motorsports prepared V-Rod to an eye opening 8.388 et @ 156.97 mph surpassing the old record by 3 tenths of a second."
Get The F$&ck out stock V Rod running low 11 your drinking Google Kool Aid! And with muchoo respect to the Guys down in FLA at black cat , there is very little left of a real V Rod in that machine except maybe the Engine Case! That’s a full on big tire custom frame drag bike. Been in this Sport and Industry for a long time! Thanks for the Laughs really

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
135 Posts
Get The F$&ck out stock V Rod running low 11 your drinking Google Kool Aid! And with muchoo respect to the Guys down in FLA at black cat , there is very little left of a real V Rod in that machine except maybe the Engine Case! That’s a full on big tire custom frame drag bike. Been in this Sport and Industry for a long time! Thanks for the Laughs really View attachment 608290
LOL it's not a hard search (AND I NEVER USE THAT CRAP IN HAT GOOGLE SEARCH) about 10 seconds and you can find all kinds of STOCK VRODS in the 11 sec range.

11.1 STOCK

11.1 V&H pipes, air & tuner

11.2 Cams & Tuner

I would think a crappy rider could get 12's easy. But as you can see there are tons of videos with STOCK VRODS or near stock vrods in the 11's. :)

I can't find it know but I believe I have found one of the crazy builds in the 5's or 6's. So why get a KTM unless you just like the style it certainly wouldn't be just for the speed. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The nightrod has always been my dream bike and the more i ride the more in love with it i am. Minus the fork seals blowing left and right. This is the platform i will keep for a long time (most likely burried with it LOL) im not worried about the cost as ive seen the prices. Granted yes its not exactly chump change but its a nice marathon not a sprint for me...till i hit the 1/4 that is. Im looking to get a little crazy with this thing im hoping to do a big bore stroker, with some nice cams for her, 58mm throttle body and port and polish the heads, 32 tooth front final drive gear, trask turbo or freedy supercharger with maybe a 50 wet shot upgraded 55mm front forks and 200 front tire not sure what struts i want for the rear yet. But im hoping to get a little wet and wild with her

·
Registered
368 Posts
Once you start to add forced inductions to a stroked bigbore revo motor your going to outrun the maximum limits of the cooling system. I know because my original plan was a SC 1487. I went with a 1487 because it the upper echelon NA motor that can still be driven on the street. If your building a purpose built dragger ain't a problem to go that big as there's plenty of time between pulls to allow the motor to cool but normal street riding, you'll cook your heads.

Depending on your desired power levels I'd actually stick with the 1130 displacement and turbo it. The revo is a motor that is very well built to accommodate boost. And the 1130 plarform is uniquely suited as its overdesigned and extremely rigid from the added metal around the cylinders. With a good set of arp hard ware plus pinned main bearings, you could throw some disgusting boost at it.

There IS a replacement for displacement and it's called volumetric effiency which a turbo greatly increases.

·
Registered Insane
2003 VRSCA
260 Posts
I read "32 tooth front" and wondered why so large? I'm thinking about going to a 26 to get better hole shots. But I'm not running a supercharger. Is that the difference?

From what I've read on 1130cc.com you should wait for a Jones Cam batch, since you aren't looking to have this built yesterday. I went with the Screamin' Eagle Stage II cams but only because Jones didn't have a batch ready when life events pigeonholed me into building yesterday. Wish I could have waited.

From what I've read on this forum, send your TB to Fitzgerald to be properly tuned. I think they use a bench flow something something to get it right. I have the Holy-Moto butterfly shafts, which, I don't know if you'll need if you go Jones. I vaguely remember reading about somebody who was supposed to be improving on being better than Holy-Moto but don't have a link for you.

Fork seals...I'm on my second rebuild since stock. Why? Are. They. A. Problem? I feel your pain. I thought maybe I was sourcing the wrong manufacturer 5000 miles ago but literally just did them again and I'm getting grime on the tubes...again. What is the go-to manufacturer we all agree on?

Maybe I'm in the "crappy rider" category. I'm pretty new to racing. Getting better every time I go, but here's my best slip from Empire Dragway, Leicester, NY last night (Friday). I'm still up. Is it still Friday then?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Do not listen to this guy about cams! He does not know anything about LSA, overlap, duration or lift. Jones cam is a different design than, Fitzgerald, is different than SE ST2.

They have completely different applications for different purposed. I've posted the numbers before for the NA cams explaining how the above parameters impacting engine response.

Sorry Professor I'm so effing sick of the tribal belief that Jones are superior because they were here first. This sort of thinking without the understanding hinders innovation abd development on the revo motor, something this community greatly needs.

·
Registered Insane
2003 VRSCA
260 Posts
Ok, ok! I didn't mean to speak out of turn...but when I made my build it seems like I got the advice to wait for Jones cams. But I couldn't. Maybe I should stop second-guessing it and just be happy with what I've got.

Still though...wondering about that pulley.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts