Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got to test ride a friend 08 DX.. (if you read any of my old posts you will realize i am in the process of buying.. waiting for the 2011 models to be announced and trying the bike) .. anyways got to ride the bike about 60 odd miles .. and loved it. Feels like a fun bike (i ride a v star 1300).

Only one issue.. by the end of the ride, my hands where hurting due to a very tight clutch lever. Now this bike is a 08 model but its got hardly 2000 miles on it.. so in effect it like new. When i asked my friend if it was his bike or all V rods.. he smiled and said all Harleys.

I dont think that can be true.. hence the question to you guys. I know most of you are experienced riders with multiple bike experiences.. if it true then that the NRS lever is harder than the rest or is it his bike.

Regards
J

·
Registered
37 Posts
Switching from crotch rockets to the NRS, it was actually an improvement. I would always feel pain on the inside of my hand from squeezing the clutch on long rides on a Honda CBR, then on a Yamaha R6, but have never felt it on the NRS.
It's actually something I always think about when I pump out 300 miles. Always gives me a smile because I don't have that aggravating pain.

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
I agree with TC, my clutch lever feels lighter than previous bikes. I do however, get some pretty bad elbow pain from the low bars after riding all day. I was considering a set of T-bars to bring them up about 3 inches but I'm hesitant because I feel it will run the look of the bike...

·
SJP↓My Horse↓
460 Posts
My dx has a much lighter clutch pull than my other harleys.
hmm, I have only ridden the nrs, streetglides, and victories, and I have to say the DX is the stiffest clutch lever, but its not too bad. the street glide is almost no effort.

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Whats a clutch?

LOL They do break in....Or your arm " MANS" up to the task of handling a real machine!!!!! :D :stilpoke:

My 06 Gsxr 1000 has a tight clutch too. My buddys ride the x and the f and their levers used to be loser then my DX. But they are all feel the same now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't know if this helps any but my clutch is about a 4 on a scale where 10 would be full force squeeze and 1 is no resistance. Doesn't bother me on long rides at all.

·
911Punisher
129 Posts
I agree with the majority here. Most definitely easy clutch. (Slipper Clutch)

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts

;)

·
Registered
976 Posts
I had race clutches on my other bikes .They came with race springs .Very had pull for the clutch.It took about a week to get used to .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just checked ... the bike is a 07.. may be thats why its harder than what most of you guys have experienced

J

·
Vic Jacoby
1,458 Posts
Slipper clutch does make it a bit easier. ALSO, you may need to alter the angle of the lever on the bike -- your buddy may have it set at a bad angle for your leverage. I adjusted mine a touch and have no problem running all day with them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts