Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal a buddy of mine has a 2010 Flhx with a 107c.i. Stroker, Zippers cams, Headwork, and PCV with Autotune. I have an 08 VRSCD with VMOD Exhaust, K&N Topless, and PCIII USB. He thinks he will completely dust me in the 1/4 mile. By the way his bike was Dynoed at 115hp to the wheel. What do you guys think ?

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Have either of you drag raced before at a track? It will be in the launch. He may have more torque and HP but you should have him beat in the weight department. Plus he will be shifting into 3rd while you just shifted into 2nd :angeldev:

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
yoyu should win unless you outweigh him by two hundred pounds. This would supose equal riding skills. Can you launch a bike out of the hole?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I can launch out of the hole pretty good but he is a lil better at launching. As far as weight He and I weigh within five pounds of each other. As far as drag racing at the track neither of us have. We will do it in october at an old airport strip that is used as a drag strip.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Practice your launches and you should be good to go.. He's got more torque but you have less weight and much better gearing...

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
So he has just a bit more torque coming out of the hole, however his bike will not rev like yours and his bike outweighs yours by a 100 lbs. Good luck, I think you should win decisively.

Anyone else want to chime in?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Seems like an even matched pair of bikes.
Get your 60ft time down to 1.60.Learn how to load the shifter and let the rev limiter shift the transmission.Don't shift into 5th gear.If you get the 60ft time down to an even .60 or better,the rev limiter will hit in 4th gear a few feet before the finish line,which is perfect.Run 25 lbs in the rear tire and 40 in the front.Don't do a burnout,it makes the tire to sticky and you will bog real bad on the launch.5000 rpm's or higher for launch rpm's.Get rid of the factory front fork oil.The stiffer the front end,the better the 60ft time will be.
The best setup for making decent et passes on a stock V-Rod is to run 12 inch cut factory rear shocks and the progressive lowering kit along with the off road racing oil in the front.The soft suspension on the stock V-Rod will kill a good 60ft time.
After this and some practice,you should be able to get the bike down into the 11.50's.A pro rider can make one turn into the 40's.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Be hard for him not to smoke the tire in my expirence. ;) Lotta TQ in a 107ci'er.
Don't underestimate him

1 - 8 of 8 Posts