Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing turbo. Nick sent me a cd rom with a map for my thundermax. My question is what is the process to loading this map he supplied. When I purchased mine it came pre loaded from thundermax with the map I needed. I would like to take a ride, but unfortunatly trask is closed tommorow, and with my upcoming work week not sure when I can get on the phone with him to get this installed. Thanks in advance

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
If you have a laptop, have you installed the Thundermax tuner? If so, then place the cd in the rack, bring up the Thundermax program, click on file then click on open map, click on browse and bring up the cd, click on the map he sent you and then hook up your laptop to the thundermax...

Turn your ignition on, make sure the run/stop switch is turned to run, click on the link button to link up with your module, click on the write module settings, the map will be loaded to your module...

Then you have to intialize the module by turning the ignition switch off for 30 seconds, on for 30 seconds, off for 30 seconds, on for 30 seconds, off for 30 seconds, on for 30 seconds then off...

This will set the module and calibrations... Turn your ignition on, click on the link to module then click on monitor, fire the bike up and monitor your AFR's... Do not use the auto IAC function, once you have road the bike for 300 miles then you will want to do the auto tune to set the off set points and it will tell you if the current map is a good map or not... Once you've done that, then you will want to write the settings to the module...

Then just enjoy the ride :)....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts