Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advise and help. I have a 2008 NRS with no lights on the tail light. no brake lights, no nothing. checked all the 15 amp fuses, and all ok. I don't know how to take the tail light lens off to check the bulbs? , and neither does the local dealer. how does the tail light lens come off? or any help with this problem ? access through the lic. light? how does that come off too? thanks to all that help. jt

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is how it works on an 09, im sure its the same on the 08. there is a small hole in the cover of the license plate light, use a - screwdriver several inches long and stick it in the hole and pry apart a retaining clip on the inside and it will pop off, it may take a little playing to get it to pop off.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
YOUR DEALER IS AN IDIOT. with all the owner's manuals and service manuals in their dealership, they could not figure this out for a customer?

Almost dead balls center of your license plate look up under the rear fender and you will see a small circular hole. Stick a slim screwdriver in there and push the tab up. This will pop out the bottom of the taillight, then you pop the lamp/bulb out from the back of the taillight assembly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick help. I will try the fix in the morning,, thanks again.... this is a great and friendly forum.. all good folks,, thanks,,,jt

·
Registered
54 Posts
someone has probably already suggested it but did you check your fuses. I blew mine out once when I was adding the heavycycles light and all I needed to do was go and get a new fuse. When you take your back seat off the fuses are in that area. They even have a backup if you check you manual in the fuse housing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tail light help

thank you for all the help with the tailight out "challlenge". it's a donedeal. all your help worked. bulb was burned out. and oh,. it was marked "198", and you can use the good old 1157 as a replacement. working fine. had to soak the seal in wd40 for a while before the socket would twist the turn to get it out, so watch for that. all is done now. and again, thanks for all the help,,jt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts