Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04'B and have placed Motolights on the front caliper mounts. Need suggestions for an easily accessible place to mount a switch to operate the lights. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Can you just use an HD Auxiliary switch and housing? I haven't done the moto lights per se, but have done a couple electrical acessories, and IMO nothing looks as clean as the switch housings they make to match the OEM switches on your bars.

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curious as to where on the bars you would place. I have those HD OEM switches on my Road Glide and I think those are the same ones you are referring to.
I think that I might put a toggle or some kind of switch on the left side of the bike up front near where the frame comes together. It looks like it has a natural void there already. Just want a really clean install and application.
Thanks for answering, any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Jim

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
FusionGrind said:
I have an 04'B and have placed Motolights on the front caliper mounts. Need suggestions for an easily accessible place to mount a switch to operate the lights. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Jim:
I have Motolights on my 06D. I had the switch placed in an out of the way place where it's protected from the sun and the elements. Check out the pics, good luck!

Attachments

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks as though you have a small fairing. I don't have anything like that on my bike. Please tell if I am correct in identifying what it is I saw on yr pics.
Thanks for your input.

Jim

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
I'm sorry Jim, you are right, I do have a small fairing or wind screen on my bike. (all of the "D" series have them) When I had the lights installed the tech asked me where I wanted the switch and my buddy and I picked out the spot where it is now. It is out of the way, nicely concealed and right there when I need it to turn the lights on. Since you don't have this screen, how about finding a spot along the frame on whichever side you feel more comfortable with?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
PM Ghost for a picture. He put the switch on the underside of the instrument clamshell, and it is hidden, but he uses it easily. Another idea is to wire in a relay, and mount a small push putton switch.

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CPTJAM said:
PM Ghost for a picture. He put the switch on the underside of the instrument clamshell, and it is hidden, but he uses it easily. Another idea is to wire in a relay, and mount a small push putton switch.
Danke Hauptman.

Jim

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
How about on your horn cover?

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
I know the H-D driving lights that mount on the crash bar use a little rubber button that mounts to the left control clamp. It's barely noticeable and easily accesible (don't have to take your hand off the grip to activate it).

·
Mildly Retarded
529 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts