·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
How old are the shocks?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought. Them off someone but they have rubber buchings in them not the pivot ball like the new ones on there web site so im asooming there older

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Well I have heard nothing good about the spray chrome but im sure someone with experience will chime in soon.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Actually there is chrome spray paint. It is a proprietary system and you have to find a dealer that has the system to spray it but it is a chrome equivalent. Probably not an option but I thought I'd point it out. This company has some really neat products.

http://www.alsacorp.com/

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Actually there is chrome spray paint. It is a proprietary system and you have to find a dealer that has the system to spray it but it is a chrome equivalent. Probably not an option but I thought I'd point it out. This company has some really neat products.

http://www.alsacorp.com/
Trust me,there is no such thing as chrome in a can.
I was one of the first dumbasses that got conned into letting a prominent painter spray chrome paint on the headlight bucket of my 03.It cost me $100 and I supplied the new bucket.After a few days,I walked by my motorcycle only to see the bucket had turned yellow.The paint they thought was chrome turned clear and the primer underneath was showing.There were many complaints,it wasn't only me.Not the paint shop,nor the paint company would stand behind it.Just after,Harley started offering a true tripled plated bucket.It cost me $40 at the local dealer and has been on my 03 and still perfectly chromed for 7 years!

There is no such thing as chrome in a can.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I have a set of legend air shocks that the chrome is not in the best shape anymore. So I went to the parts store to look at paints to try picking a color and seen the dupli-color chrome spray paint. Has anyone tried this paint on anything and if so what was the out come. If it dont look good im just going with black.
Im just trying to get a cheap fix tell I can get the money to have legends re chrome them.
Why don't you give Dan Hayman that owns Skullmanonline and ask him what he can do to make your shocks look pretty again? He does excellent shock work.
http://www.skullmanonline.com/

·
Registered
34 Posts
dudes right about the spray can, or even the Alsa or HoK "chrome" paint. It is a very specialized coating more designed for custom effects than anything else. Save the rattle cans for your BBQ. Send the shocks back to Legend for new chrome. Do it right and cry once.
Tim

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Can you Powdercoat the rusty bits?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so im going with black till i get to 500 dollors for legend to rechrome them thanks for the opitions and save me the headache of the chrome in a can

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
so im going with black till i get to 500 dollors for legend to rechrome them thanks for the opitions and save me the headache of the chrome in a can
$500.00?:banghead:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I sent them to legends I had them replace the rusty piece. The one that is sanded down I finished sanding the top mounting piece to get all the flaking chrome off. I still need to sand the other one down. Then was going to use fill & sand primer, then sand that smooth to fill in the spots from were the chrome flaked off. Then paint and clear. Does this sound like i'm going in the right path to get them looking half way decent again?

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts