Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 vrod I got it for a really good deal 2 yrs ago. It was layed down so it has a salvage title I did not buy it off the guy that layed it down a small like have 4 bikes for sale dealer had it and the fixed the foot peg that ripped ot of frame and thats it. The guy that had it before which was one owner had put alot of chrome on it also windsheld bags and back

It had no air box lid and had vmodded pipes no programer though ran like crap so I got a lid and ended up buying a mid pipe and stock mufflers for it. The mufflers have chrome end caps and billet clamps which makes me think they might be se ones.

Anyways me and my friend have alwas thought it sounded like it had a lop to it kinda like it had a cam in it. Well today my friend was on a ride and there was a guy there on a 03 stock bike and he sead ot didnt have the cam sound that mine has.

So my question is?
Is there a way to tell if the previous owner put some sort of cams in it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for any grammar mistakes its 1 am and posted from my cell which thinks it knows what I want to say

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something I forgot to mention if im going though a parking lot say 5-10 mph no cluch its will start jerking really bad like it has a big cam in it so though parking lots i have to us the clutch alot to keep it from doing this.

·
Registered
197 Posts
:vrod:as far as i know, there's no way to tell. Just had s.e. cams installed on my 2012 N.R.S. its a little different sound, but nothing like the big cams in my shovelhead. The low speed bucking? Mine did this with stock cams.

·
redneckgearhead
267 Posts
+1^ these bikes like RPM's so yea they will buck cams or not. My SE exhaust has SE stamped right on it. Not sure if they made ones that don't have SE on them, but pretty sure you can buy billet clamps and chrome end caps, as a matter of fact mine have neither billet clamps nor chrome end caps, so who knows? And just because there was no tuner on the bike doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a custom tune in the ECM. Mine is topless, KN filter and SE 16 ga exhaust and no tuner. The ECM was tuned when these parts where installed. Throw up some pics and that should help id the exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts