Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 6 piece kit off ebay back in December and started having trouble with 2 of the light sticks and the control module a couple of months ago. So, I sent the 2 sticks and module back because they were under warranty. The sent me another complete kit in return, so I have 4 extra light sticks to use, but not sure how I can wire them to work because the module will only hold 6 light connections. I have attached a pic of the lights , but unable to find one of the control module right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Id need to see the module. You can always just tie into them after the module though.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
agreed.

it really depends on what the module does... if it juse splits a 12v signal there isnt anything wrong with cutting the wires and running them to a 12v source.. however if it drops the voltage you would have to get a multimemter and measure the output voltage for me, then I can tell you what resistor you can run to wire inline and drop your voltage so that it doesnt burn out your led strip.

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I will pull the cover off of the new module and take a pic. It will probably be tomorrow before I can post it though. Keep an eye out.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
cool

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finally some light pics

I'm finally getting around to messing with this since I'm able to ride more now. I'm trying to find a way to splice these lights together. I went to the local radio shack and they had nothing. One of the immediate issues is that the old lights don't have long enough wires and being able to find wire comparable. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts