Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read through previous posts and still no joy. red light staying on while riding, when parked up goes straight into security mode, noticed there is no beeb beeb as walk away from bike, but the siron is working.

some background, I have just got the bike back 2007AW and have got led brake indicator light now, have been through codes and there does not seem to be current

any idea,s guys, cheers

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
When you installed the brake light, could you have knocked loose the connector between the ECM and the security module? I did this a couple of years ago - rested the connector in place while working around it, never clicked it home. Same symptoms.

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers louis went out done a check seems to be fine did another dianostic check again and cannot have been doint it properly as now have b1154 and pn68925-07 and pn67393-07 so just trying to check those at moment maybe getting closer

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
cheers louis went out done a check seems to be fine did another dianostic check again and cannot have been doint it properly as now have b1154 and pn68925-07 and pn67393-07 so just trying to check those at moment maybe getting closer
DTC B1154 is “clutch switch short to ground”. This is set when the clutch is actuated and held for more than 60 s when bike is traveling at a speed above 16 km/h (10 MPH). Working on the left hand controls and shorting this circuit could also set this DTC. The DTC B1155 is a similar code associated with the neutral switch.

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just found that info as well steve i changed stock clutch set up and put chrome set up would of happened then i suppose what would i do to sort this out???? any idea on what the part numbers refer to???pn68925-07 pn67393-07 does it mean i need to change those parts or is it a reference to where problems may be (i can find out what they refer to)still curious as to why they come up though ???

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Those pn numbers are the ECM, TSM/TSSM/HFSM and IM (Instrument module) part numbers. They are there for reference. No need to fiddle with them.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
I think it always posts the part numbers of the bits reporting the fault. Ignore it, the code tells you what you needed to know. Clutch switch faulty, or jammed, or wires shorted. Take the lever back off and doubtless all will become clear. At least the bike is ridable in the meantime.

I've changed that lever loads of times, and had quite forgotten there was a switch. Better be more careful myself...

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers guys,

by the way rusty you helped me with part numbers with my mates speedo (all good advice)a while back, i sourced the speedo off the forum well its in MPH he got bike going crusing down 100kph zone thought to himself shit this is quick LOL

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I just found that info as well steve i changed stock clutch set up and put chrome set up would of happened then i suppose what would i do to sort this out???? any idea on what the part numbers refer to???pn68925-07 pn67393-07 does it mean i need to change those parts or is it a reference to where problems may be (i can find out what they refer to)still curious as to why they come up though ???
As others have posted the PN codes can be ignored. They indicate the particular modules present and ECM “tuning map” that is loaded. However, the B1154 code and the red “key” security icon staying on should be corrected. I answered your PM to me with an explanation that I’m repeating here so others who read this thread will know:

The "key" icon LED is used by the TSM/TSSM/HFSM (turn signal module, turn signal security module, hands free security module = SSSM). This LED is used to indicate a few different things. When you first turn the ignition on both the "key" and the CEL "check engine light" LEDs will illuminate for 4 seconds and then turn off. At this point these lights are indicating that the ECM and the TSM/TSSM/HFSM have reset and the engine can be started. After these lights go off one of three things can occur:

1. Both lights stay off. This means everything is OK and you're OK to start the engine (don't move the throttle or start the engine during the initial 4 second period or the engine won't run right).
  2. The CEL and/or the "key" icon turns back on and then goes out after 8 seconds. This means you have an historic trouble code in the ECM (if it's the CEL) and/or in the TSM/TSSM/HFSM (if it's the "key" icon).
  3. The CEL and/or "key" icon turns back on and stays on. This means you have a current trouble code in the ECM and/or in the TSM/TSSM/HFSM.
The "key" icon is also used as a security indicator when the ignition is turned off. If this LED illuminates after the ignition is turned off then the system is arming. If this is blinking every 2.5 seconds when the ignition is off then the HFSM is armed.

IOW, if your key icon stays illuminated (number 3 above) then your B1154 code is current and you need to trace the clutch switch circuit. There’s a black with red stripe (BK/R) wire that runs from the HFSM (it connects to pin # 10) and connects to position 7 of the 8 conductor left hand control socket connector. The other half of this connector (the one with pins) has an orange with white stripe (O/W) wire in position 7 that connects to one side of the clutch switch and a red with yellow stripe (R/Y) wire on the other side. The R/Y wire goes to position 8 of the left hand control pin connector and there’s a black with green stripe (BK/GN) wire at position 8 of the mating socket connector. The BK/GN wire connects to a ground point on the rear cylinder cam cover. Either the clutch switch isn’t opening when the lever is released or the BK/R or O/W wires are shorted to ground.

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers steve i answered your pm and it is happening as you have described in para 3 and will get inside wiring of clutch lever side of bike much appreciated.

i see on other posts of people who have done the LED mod on brake light or indicator have installed a load equaliser is this good idea

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
... i see on other posts of people who have done the LED mod on brake light or indicator have installed a load equaliser is this good idea
Load equalizers are only used for the turn signal circuits; these aren’t needed for the brake light (or the front “running” lights as used on U.S. domestic models).

Most have found that only when both the front and back signals are changed to LEDs is the current draw reduced enough to require a load equalizer.

If the signals flash at double the normal rate then the TSM/TSSM/HFSM has detected excess resistance (burnt out bulb, missing bulb, corrosion, or LEDs installed) in the affected circuit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts