Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have a '08 nrs with pcv/ autotune. I'm trying to go with the best afr table. Reason I'm having problems is that I bought a wicked airbox and I'm running topless with a K&N filter. Motor was running a little hot so tried dropping the afr's alittle but now it runs cooler but has a pop every once in awhile in the cruising range. My mods are wicked airbox, topless, K&N airfilter, V&H indy comp pipe. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I need some help. I have a '08 nrs with pcv/ autotune. I'm trying to go with the best afr table. Reason I'm having problems is that I bought a wicked airbox and I'm running topless with a K&N filter. Motor was running a little hot so tried dropping the afr's alittle but now it runs cooler but has a pop every once in awhile in the cruising range. My mods are wicked airbox, topless, K&N airfilter, V&H indy comp pipe. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
How far did you drop your AFR? How hot was it running?

Go back to where you were to start and only move it slightly, like a .1 or.2 to richen it up and then allow time for the trims to change and accept and don't forget to save and send back to the bike.

If you are running the Auto Tune (AT) you can try any of the maps that are AT friendly to find one to your liking. There are a few Muscle maps posted on the forum that are pretty decent and may only require slight tweaking for your ride.

The short answer is have it dyno tuned but it still will not be prefect only closer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I will probabaly start over like you said and drop .1 at a time. It was running so hot that while in Laconia bike week it was 50 degrees outside but the fan would cut on and off while I was running down the road. I actually installed one of your maps on it and rode around here yesterday while it was 87 degrees and the fan only kicked on if I sat there for awhile. One thing I did notice about the map was there were no values entered in the ignition table. The map that I was running before had 4's in some of the cells on the ignition table and it was a map that had stock afr settings that came with one of the base maps with the power commander program. Should i try moving the 4's over to the map I got from one of your post's. The bike had a slight really slight hesitation or loss of power low in the rpm but at full throttle it ran like a beast. Like I said earlier, in the cruising range it would pop almost like a slight backfire. It still continued to do this after two rides accepting trims, saving the map, and the sending it back to the bike. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yeah I will probabaly start over like you said and drop .1 at a time. It was running so hot that while in Laconia bike week it was 50 degrees outside but the fan would cut on and off while I was running down the road. I actually installed one of your maps on it and rode around here yesterday while it was 87 degrees and the fan only kicked on if I sat there for awhile. One thing I did notice about the map was there were no values entered in the ignition table. The map that I was running before had 4's in some of the cells on the ignition table and it was a map that had stock afr settings that came with one of the base maps with the power commander program. Should i try moving the 4's over to the map I got from one of your post's. The bike had a slight really slight hesitation or loss of power low in the rpm but at full throttle it ran like a beast. Like I said earlier, in the cruising range it would pop almost like a slight backfire. It still continued to do this after two rides accepting trims, saving the map, and the sending it back to the bike. Thanks for the help.
I am currently trying some of the latest maps from Dyno Jet. They also have 4 degreees timing dialed in at 80% and 100% throttle settings. The low end/cruise is a little funny. I am up against the weather here as everytime I ride it rains and it rains hard. It's clearing off as I type so I am going to take an early evening run and see if I can get a better guess as to what's happening.

As far as moving timing into my maps just be careful in your cruise areas as I have seen on my LCD screen 40 to 45 degrees of timing stock in the 3k to 5k rpm range. I am currently looking at my knock sensors when riding to see if this may be cause for some of us to have problems with these maps.

The timing up high, that Dyno Jet is doing, tells me that they found some dyno power but not sure how it relates to the real every day riding.

My latest map is here in post #3 http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141508

·
Registered
31 Posts
You answered my question

This thread inadvertently answered my question, can I put a PC5 with Autotune on an 08 DX, apparently yes, yes I can. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts