Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well first of all how are you guys doing? havent been on here for a while...been busy with 2yr old and i am going back to school...so one day i wanted to re adjust my handle bars so i took the gauges off disconnected the wires from back...and put them on the work bench...after me doing all the adjustment i connected the gauges back...let the bike sit for about 2 weeks before i stated it...i noticed that "N" lite up green like normal but nothing else no back lights rpm is out gas is out and the digital's at the bottom of the mph gauge is out too...all of it except the "N" the errows for the turn signals good....sorry for the long story just trying to give you a visual lol!!!so i checked all the fuses good connection to the back of the gauges are good too...has anyone ran into this problem before or can anyone help thanks...once agian sorry for the long story!!!:banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Try a reset by switching to acc position, and double check the fuses.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try a reset by switching to acc position, and double check the fuses.

ok i did but ill try it again...when i looked at the book there isnt even a fuse for just the gauge cluster itself...thanks

well i just ran out there and did it but nothing at all happens...

·
motorsickle1130
219 Posts
I got it!

I think I may know the problem: no comma's! HA!:angeldev:
Did you check the pin connectors on the back of the cluster? It could also be possible some of the wires were loose and pulled out of either the connector (wire side) or internally in the cluster. I know when I pulled mine apart, I was doing a whole lot of tugging on the wiring (not on purpose).

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Your 2007 model has a fuse block in front of the battery and behind the frame. It contains three fuses and two relays. The Battery fuse, located there, is one of them. The fuse block is located inside a black box and is a bitch to get at but doable from the right hand side of the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts