Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set of nice stockers off e-bay to V-Mod but it was the usual fits all A models kind of auction. What I'd like to know is how to ID the small baffled late model ones...the # on the ones I got if memory serves was 66152-1A.
I did a search for the info I needed but no luck :(

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The A is the later small baffle The earlier ones with the large baffle do not have the A on the end

part numbers 65152-01A upper muffler 65153-01A lower muffler

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
drill the smaller hole, if the baffle doesn't come out then drill a larger hole

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I had read something about the A on the end of the part#. What size hole saw for the exhaust side instead of the 3"?

·
Dean
775 Posts
I thought I had read something about the A on the end of the part#. What size hole saw for the exhaust side instead of the 3"?
If memory serves me correctly......I think I used 2 1/8 on the exhaust side. It was about two months ago. I posted about the experience on here....just to lazy right now to Find it right now.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks del518, I think we were both trying to get hold of the free V-Mod test cans to try out. How you liking your's so far?

Thanks to all who helped, this forum is a treasure of info for sure!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
the baffles on the newer cans can be removed via a hole as small as 1-5/8". It is a VERY tight squeeze though. I chose to go the 2-1/8" route as I am too lazy to try and finesse a baffle.

·
Dean
775 Posts
Thanks del518, I think we were both trying to get hold of the free V-Mod test cans to try out. How you liking your's so far?

Thanks to all who helped, this forum is a treasure of info for sure!
Yes, I was trying to track down the test cans, but the member who has/had them never got back to me. So...I just cut my own and love them.

I picked up a map on the forum here and have been tweaking it now and then....but I love the sound overall.

·
Dean
775 Posts
What's the scoop?

Did you end up doing the VMod yourself?

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gonna be another couple of weeks looks like, mean while trying to find a map for a V-Mod powerline setup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts