Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm in need of help from a helpful soul in the Cherry Hill, New Jersey area. I'm hoping to fly down there to ride a new Kawasaki Concours back here to Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Problem is, they won't sell to a Canadian resident. Even though I'll be there with cold hard cash in hand. I need to have an American Resident buy the bike and then immediately sell it to me in order for me to ride it home. I know this sounds 'Scammy' but I'm not sure how to put it any more plainly. The ridiculous hoops that manufacturers make you jump through for the 'privelege' of buying one of their bikes are frustrating.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks in advance.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,427 Posts
You're in a VRSC forum trying to get one of us to buy a Kawasaki motorcycle & then sell it to you 30 seconds later? Hmmm, don't you have any friends here in the states that can help you out other than people in here?

Don't think its gonna happen... good luck anyway...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, seeing as how the only bike I own currently is my '06 D and this is the only rider forum I've ever belonged to, ya, I thought I'd start here. I can't do the long trips on my night rod anymore, my hips won't take it. Seeing as how they don't make a V bagger and buying anything air cooled and gutless is pretty stupid in my opinion. That leaves the kawi as the next best touring option available. And seeing as how it's my ten grand changing hands, I kinda see it as me taking all the risk in trusting someone to sign a bike over to me that I paid for. As far as 'friends' in the area... It's 3000 miles away from where I live.. Come on, give your head a shake. I understand you not wanting to help, but lay off the negative vibes in hopes there is maybe a member more accommodating than you.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
If I were in that part of the country I would help you in a heart beat. It doesn't matter to me what you ride as long as you ride. And as for getting help from the guy above don't worry about it as it's just the nature of Jerseite.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
pm sent

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Hope someone steps up and helps you, I would if in the area. Good Luck, Skip

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Do it this way. Buy the bike as a out of state purchase (ie from Pa) show insurance for the usa, might need a license, get temp tags to ride home (Pa). Go on a tour to Alberta. Import into Canada? Them rules is up to you!

Get the one with ABS

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Go get an international drivers license. Then find basic insurance. Not that hard to do.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,427 Posts
If I were in that part of the country I would help you in a heart beat. It doesn't matter to me what you ride as long as you ride. And as for getting help from the guy above don't worry about it as it's just the nature of Jerseite.
Nothing to do with NJ, It's called common sense.

Here's your solution: Walk into the dealership & grab someone who's on their way out. Tell them your situation & they'll do it for you. It's a simple as that.

·
MWT III/IV/V alumni
859 Posts
Is the bike used or brand new? If it's brand new, get on west jet to Windsor and I will put you in touch with ten guys that will do it for you in a heartbeat, if you can get it at a Detroit area dealership. Hell you could even stay at my place to cut down on costs. I imported my bike from the states, takes 72 hrs(i think) for them to run the numbers. Cheers.
(international license?????)

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
If you're serious I sent you a PM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.