Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Northern Rod
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day V rodders . I have a new TrikRyde HL2 billet headlight that i am trying to wire up. This light comes with two wires, one red and one yellow. My 06 VRSCA has two plugs one with two wires for low beam and one with two wires for high beam. Can anyone out there please help me out with this. It would be very much appreciated.Thanks Northern Rod

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
No problem. The TrikRyde uses the mount as a ground. Remove the left frame cover. Follow the headlight wire back to where they connect at the 4 pin wiring connector. Squeeze the tab, and remove. You will need to make a new harness. Use the 4 pin at one end, and a plug that fits your bulb. Inside your housing will be a plug on the bulb, and a black wire going to the shell. The 4 pin has a black, white, yellow, and orange/white. Use a multimeter to determine which is high beam, and which is low. The black is ground, and the orange/white is HDI (international), not used. figure out if red is high and yellow is low, and wire accordingly. Use the ground, as grounding to a shell is a poor connector. You can use the connector you have, just be careful with the pins. If you run into problems, PM me. Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts