Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help. I turn my DX on and wait for the engine light to go off.....when it does I start it. Then the light will re-appear for about 5 seconds and then go off for good. After this it doesn't come on again the entire time I ride. It goes through this everytime I start it. The only thing I can think of is the other day i took the air box off and unplugged the top of the box. When i put it all together I forgot to plug it back in. I rode for a few miles and then remembered what I did. Ever since this incident I get the engine light for 5 seconds or so after I start it. Is there a way to "reset" the computer or something. This doesn't effect performance just my HEAD. thanks for the help.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Yes you need to clear the codes, I cannot remember how to do that but someone will chime in soon I would think.

·
Registered
117 Posts
my f does the same thing and all my plugs are in

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Here you go, I found RustyG's solution
What type/model bike you have?

For a V-Rod, to erase codes, Set the RUN switch to "ON" then Hold the little button on the IM in and turn the key to ignition.

"Diag" should be displayed.
Release the button.
With "P" blinking, press and hold the button. After a few seconds the codes should display or "none" is displayed.
If codes are displayed press and hold the button until cleared.
press the button to return to the "PSC" menu
Press once to cause "S"" to blink.
Press and hold the button until the codes or "none" are displayed.
Press and hold until "clear" is displayed

ETC
ETC.

This may vary slightly depending on year and model but you get the drift.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Lux. I'm gonna try this and see. Here is a stupid question though........ What does "IM" stand for when it says push the little button on the "IM"?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that was frickin easy. I cleared the PO113 then rechecked and everything is now back to normal. Once again this forum has saved me some $$$. thanks !!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts