Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a set of Muscle wheels on my 07 DX non abs. Before anyone throws out the "use the search button" comment....I already have searched this for the past 7 days and can't find 100% what I need so I'm reaching out. I've have a pretty good idea at what I need but I couldn't find thread that said "yes...this is exactly what you need to do" It also seems like the alot of the DX owners w/ the F wheels are 08+ and don't have to deal with this.

What I have so far for info:

2008 DX's will bolt right up, the 2007 Doesn't

Front muscle wheel # 41670-09 $226.18 from Zanotti's
Rear Muscle wheel # 41744-09 $628.33 from Zanotti's

The 07 has a different size axle than the 08 and Muscle so I need a new set of bearings to compensate for the larger axle on the 07. Looks like some members ordered snowmobile bearings for this.

So where I am lost is what exactly I need to get or do with the following: Spacers, axle sleeve, Parts kit? Members saying "get this, flip that, machine this, maybe you need that" has my head spinning. What exact do I need to buy and do you have part numbers. Once I get everything, is there anything special I need to do?

Thanx!

·
Back in Black
2,584 Posts
front is simple buy everything for muscle. I bought axle bearings spacers and everything.
Rear i bought the snowmobile bearings f spacers. I can not remember what else the rear was a lillte harder to lign up. Not everything but maybe a start for you.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Boost so as far as the front is concerned buy the wheel kit and it bolts right up? Same axle size and no spacer issue? I was reading somewhere the front spacer needs to be flipped and/or trimmed.

The rear I saw the snowmobile bearing link. Aside from that I THINK someone mentioned trimming the spacers. Anything else?

If you don't mind, can you look into this a little more and let me know whatelse I need?

·
Registered
5 Posts
guys, i am new here having HD Rocker for 3 years now. I am selling Rocker right now and will get Nightrod within March. I dont understand why so many guys switching to Muscle wheels. What is so special about them? They seems to me boring. Personally i love stock black Nightrod wheels, last thing i would ever change. I mean they are not even black to follow Nightrod colors?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
guys, i am new here having HD Rocker for 3 years now. I am selling Rocker right now and will get Nightrod within March. I dont understand why so many guys switching to Muscle wheels. What is so special about them? They seems to me boring. Personally i love stock black Nightrod wheels, last thing i would ever change. I mean they are not even black to follow Nightrod colors?
Light weight, cheap and better looking

check out my gallery.

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=12

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Ok Boost so as far as the front is concerned buy the wheel kit and it bolts right up? Same axle size and no spacer issue? I was reading somewhere the front spacer needs to be flipped and/or trimmed.

The rear I saw the snowmobile bearing link. Aside from that I THINK someone mentioned trimming the spacers. Anything else?

If you don't mind, can you look into this a little more and let me know whatelse I need?
For per 08 bike buy the 08 or newer axle, bearings, bearing spacer, wheel spacers ans axle nut.

This will make it a bolt on for the front wheel. :2cents:

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personal preference is what it comes down to but I think the stock DX wheels are fugly. To me the nice wide open and fat spokes look much better to me. The cool thing about our bike or any bike in general is they are our personal drawing board to do whatever looks good in our eyes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For per 08 bike buy the 08 or newer axle, bearings, bearing spacer, wheel spacers ans axle nut.

This will make it a bolt on for the front wheel. :2cents:
Ok, so the wheel kit (bearing, spacers) and an 08 axle to mate the front?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Personal preference is what it comes down to but I think the stock DX wheels are fugly. To me the nice wide open and fat spokes look much better to me. The cool thing about our bike or any bike in general is they are our personal drawing board to do whatever looks good in our eyes.
Yeah, you right, each to his own. I have wide open now on my Rocker and thats maybe reason i like more stock DX.

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, you right, each to his own. I have wide open now on my Rocker and thats maybe reason i like more stock DX.
Getting off topic here...great looking bike Masar. I was digging those Rockers before I got my DX but couldn't afford the price difference.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bump this back up.. Did you end up getting the parts you needed?.. being I have an 08 does that mean the muscle wheel will bolt right up?..

·
Registered
198 Posts
I too am curious about that Turbo- I'm ditching the orange on my bike, so I need to do something about the wheels- and I'd rather just go the route of more open wheels

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump this back up.. Did you end up getting the parts you needed?.. being I have an 08 does that mean the muscle wheel will bolt right up?..
I never got around to doing this set up. My money set aside was used for other things. You have it easy my friend, 08's + will bolt right up. From what I found the 08's + share the same axle size. My 07 has a different axle so that's where the direct fitment issue is.

Do a search on muscle wheels on DX's. A ton of members have done the swaps to their 08's and up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts