Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the stock exhaust pipe and added a Tab pipe and love it. The problem I'm having is with the extra rear mount hardware part of the bike (it's the piece that supports the rear OEM exhaust from HD). I thought I would remove but realized it holds the mid section OEM pipe right before the slip on exhaust. Has anyone removed this piece or have any suggestions? Right now that extra support is just hanging in the rear attached to nothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
I left mine on there. Unless you kneel down behind the bike or next to it, you dont really see it. I know that some people have cut it down, but if you ever plan on putting the stock exhaust back on, the i wouldnt recommend cutting it. Post some pics of it!! I will try to get some of mine up this weekend so you can see what i mean... good luck

scott
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
smharris605 said:
I left mine on there. Unless you kneel down behind the bike or next to it, you dont really see it. I know that some people have cut it down, but if you ever plan on putting the stock exhaust back on, the i wouldnt recommend cutting it. Post some pics of it!! I will try to get some of mine up this weekend so you can see what i mean... good luck

scott
I actually thought about cutting it and buying an extra - in case I ever have to remount the OEM exhaust.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,366 Posts
go to home depot and get a length of metal that approximates the requirements of the aux volume portion of the mount and cut it to fit. keep your stock mount in case you need to replace it. a lot cheaper than buying a new one from HD.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RustyG said:
go to home depot and get a length of metal that approximates the requirements of the aux volume portion of the mount and cut it to fit. keep your stock mount in case you need to replace it. a lot cheaper than buying a new one from HD.
Yeah, I hear you. That sounds like a great idea. Thanks.
 

·
Pineland Underground
Joined
·
14,737 Posts
Left mine in place as well. Thought about cutting the damn thing off but if for whatever reason I need to put that stock pipe back on, I'm going to need that bracket. Thought about painting it to match the frame so it wouldn't stick out as much or be as noticeable but haven't followed through on it yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
I had the same question a couple of weeks ago when I put my pipes on. You would think TAB would send a small bracket piece so u could take it off.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,923 Posts
trbo2nr said:
I removed the stock exhaust pipe and added a Tab pipe and love it. The problem I'm having is with the extra rear mount hardware part of the bike (it's the piece that supports the rear OEM exhaust from HD). I thought I would remove but realized it holds the mid section OEM pipe right before the slip on exhaust. Has anyone removed this piece or have any suggestions? Right now that extra support is just hanging in the rear attached to nothing.
have a look in my gallery made up a bracket to replace this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jimlowe said:
have a look in my gallery made up a bracket to replace this.
Let me check out your gallery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Like Jimlowe, I had a new bracket made out of 7075 aluminum and podercoated flat black. The new brakcet is nearly identical to the stovk one, minus the arm extension. I swapped the bushing/nut from the stock bracket to the new one. My father-in-law still has an extra one and the CAD file he used if anyone is intersested in buying one.

Should be able to do these in other colors, if there's any interest:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77375
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top