Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the central valley of northern CA and am looking for a good shop, (either HD or HD authorized indy), to perform my third fuel sending unit replacement.

The latest and greatest 2011 unit is "redesigned" unlike the previous 3 fixes which have proven to be snake oil.
It would be nice to have a 100% functioning fuel gauge, so I'm willing to travel anywhere from Monterey to San Francisco. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,356 Posts
How do you know the new 2011 fuel sending unit is compatible with your existing Instrument module?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you know the new 2011 fuel sending unit is compatible with your existing Instrument module?
"IF" it is not compatible, they will replace both as warranty, but there's no reason it would not be.

Why not diy?
you can not DIY HD warranty or S.Bs unless you find a shop that will bend the rules for ya. Otherwise I would have to foot the bill instead of HD

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
HD,authorized

I'm in the central valley of northern CA and am looking for a good shop, (either HD or HD authorized indy), to perform my third fuel sending unit replacement.

The latest and greatest 2011 unit is "redesigned" unlike the previous 3 fixes which have proven to be snake oil.
It would be nice to have a 100% functioning fuel gauge, so I'm willing to travel anywhere from Monterey to San Francisco. Thanks!
I'd take it to John. He's not an HD airhead or authorized,but one helluva fix/install it guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts