Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need good tuner (or map) for SERT mapping

I bought a CFR pipe, SERT and SE air filter. This has been an extremely long and painful process but I finally got everything. I installed the pipe Thursday night and loved it. Looks and sounds great. Went to start playing with the race tuner and discovered that I had no cables. Now I have to order and wait for the cables. I would consider paying a dealer to set this system up if I had some solid feedback from actual customers that they know what they are doing. My experience thus far with a local dealer (Speedway Blvd, Concord, NC) has been terrible and I have zero confidence or interest in continuing to do business with them. Anybody have anything good to say about any of the other Charlotte, NC area dealers? Specifically where engine tuning and EFI is concerned. I'd consider an non-dealer mechanic as well if he/she is good. :lamer:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I broke down and paid the $69.00 for the hdmaps.com map for my setup. I ran much better than stock but seems rich in the lower rpm range plus pops excessively on deceleration. I found several maps in the EFI sticky thread and started looking "inside" them. As best as I can tell, there are a series of RT maps for the CFR + K&N setup posted by BRIANVRSCR in the following thread:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799&page=3

The map I looked at was "briancfrk&ntscan15rear.MT6" which appeard to be slightly leaner in the mid section (if I am reading it correctly) so I want to give it a try. The only thing is the CID is set to 76 inches and my motor is a 69 inch. I guess that means this map was created for a 76 inch motor right? Can I use it as is? Do I change the CID to 69 and use it? Any help from the experts would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
It is fine, he used the 76 CI setting to give more room in the tune. His #8 (briancfrk&ntscan8rear.MT6 (42.7 KB, 8 views) MAP is good!

This MAP is built off the same MAP but a little more dialed in (DOC1130CFR8TS2.MT6 (42.8 KB, 33 views)

DO NOT CHANGE THE CID to 69" unless you are able to retune it because the VE tables are different and it will run to lean.

·
Registered
616 Posts
You are in luck. You have one of the best V-Rod tuners in the country in your back door. Neil Taylor at Tilleys in Statesville.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks DTHDOC, I'll give them both a try. Also, thank you HokieRich for the tip. I'll check into Neil @ Tilleys. Anyboby else have good luck at Tilleys?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
There are a couple of good CFR maps here on the site. I would play with those before I spent the $$$$ on a dyno tune. You may find one that works well for your bike and save some cash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts