Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Land Shark
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In trying to make my VRSCB more comfy I really think I need to add some middle foot pegs. All my other bikes have center pegs and the forward controls on my V make my legs tired and sore over long distances.

Has anybody out there installed a second set of rider pegs- not moving the controls- just "highway pegs" in a mid position?

And if so can you post up pix and recommendations?

Thanks. Cindy

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hey, there was a thread somewhere here with people who mid mounted pegs for comfort, they even had a list of part numbers and what you need, although I couldn't find it for the life of me.

This is a mod I've been considering also.

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Try cycle visions for a set of floorboard mounts, and any Harley dealer for the floorboards. The ability to move your feet around is huge! On my R, the mid pegs are perfect for me, 95% of the time. I just want an alternate position to be able to move them around a bit. On other models, the distance between the seat and mids is too short for me, so, floorboards is the ticket. Next time I am home I will get a picture. Steve at VMOD has a nice set, but I can see pipe clearance issues. Depends on the pipe. Heel rests are another idea, as are reduced reach peg mounts, reversed. Getting the seat, feet, hands trilogy ergonomically correct is challenging, but in the end, worth every penny. The test is simple: Support the bike, sitting on it like you ride it. Close your eyes, and put your hands out where they naturally fall. If they are not on the grips, move the bar so they are. That might mean new bars, different risers, or a completely different set up. Then do the same trick with your feet. If they fall naturally on the pegs, you are all set. If not, move the pegs so that they do. The seat is the key - it is the foundation of being fitted properly. Try different saddles, from different models. For me, on my R, the best fit is a Corbin. On an AW, the X model seat seems to be just fine, but I am considering a gel insert from Jerry at American Soft Seats. Need a few more thousand miles of testing to be sure. Once it fits you, it is a joy to ride. JMHO, Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.