Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:helpme: I need a little help, just wondering if any one of you might have an extra anodized silver louvered side covers, I need just the left side (belt side) as you sit on the bike.

What happened was during my Road Captain training, with my local HOG chapter yesterday, the bike next to mine fell over, a Softail Classic. Apparently, the kickstand had not engaged and it fell over, in the attempt to right the bike it then fell over to the other side, which was where my bike was sitting. The Softails handle bar end hit my louvered side cover, now I have a dented louvered side cover on that side. I am hoping that maybe one of you might have changed out your louvered side covers for chrome ones or ones that have no louvers and had the OE set lying around.

If you do have one or know of one please write me at [email protected] and let me know.

Thanks your help is greatly appreciated.

Dave

P.S. I have look on ebay but there is only a silver painted set no anodized sets.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone has a Chrome set, I'd consider that as well, but I'd need both if I go chrome.

Thanks,

Dave

·
4,638 Posts
VA V-Rod said:
:helpme: I need a little help, just wondering if any one of you might have an extra anodized silver louvered side covers, I need just the left side (belt side) as you sit on the bike.

What happened was during my Road Captain training, with my local HOG chapter yesterday, the bike next to mine fell over, a Softail Classic. Apparently, the kickstand had not engaged and it fell over, in the attempt to right the bike it then fell over to the other side, which was where my bike was sitting. The Softails handle bar end hit my louvered side cover, now I have a dented louvered side cover on that side. I am hoping that maybe one of you might have changed out your louvered side covers for chrome ones or ones that have no louvers and had the OE set lying around.

If you do have one or know of one please write me at [email protected] and let me know.

Thanks your help is greatly appreciated.

Dave

P.S. I have look on ebay but there is only a silver painted set no anodized sets.
Dave,
Have the guy with the soft tail replace it.....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ricky,

Oh yes, he is has agreed to pay for it and I have gone ahead and ordered one, but I was hoping to get a replacement before I headed out to Myrtle Beach this coming weekend.

Most Dealerships, I spoke with, don't stock the anodized part maybe if you're lucky you can find the chrome ones; anyway I was hoping someone would have a set or one lying around, so I could get it before I left. I have been told that the Dealership will have it in stock about the time I leave, so that means I get it 2-3 days after I have left home.

Oh well at least it's only cosmetic, doesn't hurt anything other that doesn't look as good as it could. I am not planning on putting it in any bike shows anyway.

The main reason I posted here, is if anyone was like a buddy of mine, he got chrome ones and just let the Dealership have his old ones; he figured he would never need them. I was hoping someone might have taken their old ones, and wanted to get rid of one. I wouldn’t suspect there is a big demand for these not like they are out in the open and get dented a lot, but who knows.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts