Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I got rearended this morning (on my beloved DX). Sitting at a stop sign got bumped I think (I hope) square on the license plate and rear tire. I had the clutch in and don't think I had the brake on so I believe that I basically got pushed forward. Didn't drop it and really don't see any damage yet (got to check again at lunch). The bike seemed to ride ok as continued on to work but who knows, I was still a little shaken and a bit upset.

I've never been hit on a bike before so don't really know what to do. Getting bumped in a car with no visible damage seems to be a much different situation. I'm thinking I should take it to a shop for a once over just to make sure the wheel, axle whatever is ok.

I suppose the rear wheel could have be pushed forward loosening the belt or something. Not sure how much abuse these things can take.

Any advise? Anyone ever in a similar situation? All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

·
Deputy Rally Rouser
1,795 Posts
I would definitely have it checked out by a knowledgeable bike wrench.

Did you get the name and contact information of the person who hit you? Keep it close, if you did...

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Have it checked out and have the driver pay for the check and any damage.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DiveHog said:
I would definitely have it checked out by a knowledgeable bike wrench.

Did you get the name and contact information of the person who hit you? Keep it close, if you did...

Oh yeah, got all that. The guy had all the info ready before he got out of his car. He even called the incident in to his ins. co. before I called mine. I got to go to the insurance adjuster and then to a dealer.

I just really hate people sometimes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts