Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, anyone up here who placed themself the Barnett (extra plate) clutch kit? I need some serious advice regarding the original Harley “damper spring seat” and “damper spring” (nr 9 & 10)... do I re-use these 2 or do I need to leave them out.

I just can’t figure it out and i would like to prevent taking it apart again once not propperly installed

Many thanx in advance!!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Hi guys, anyone up here who placed themself the Barnett (extra plate) clutch kit? I need some serious advice regarding the original Harley “damper spring seat” and “damper spring” (nr 9 & 10)... do I re-use these 2 or do I need to leave them out.

I just can’t figure it out and i would like to prevent taking it apart again once not propperly installed

First, the Harley service parts picture you posted is for a 2008 and newer slipper clutch with 4 clutch springs and the Barnett kit picture you posted is for a 5-spring clutch assembly used from 2002 to 2007. That extra plate clutch kit can't be used with the Harley slipper clutch.

If you do have a compatible kit for the clutch you have, according to the Barnett instructions, the only things being replaced are the springs, friction plates, and steel plates, so leave the damper spring and damper spring seat where they are.

I've never used the Barnett parts so I'm not sure what plates you get with their kits but the Harley plates aren't all the same and have a specific order (explained in the service manual and somewhat in the drawing you posted):
The outer two friction plates that Harley uses have more closely spaced friction pads than the other friction plates.
The steel plate with the smaller ID goes on the pressure plate side just before the last friction plate with closely spaced friction pads.​

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for your reply pal, highly appreciated. I did not knew the diagram was a 2008 . My bikje is from 2006 so I did ordered the correct Barnett kit.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.