Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
F2NV
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 09 vrod muscle, with vance and hines slip ons. I have the pc5 with autotune. I have loaded the map from power commander, 15-006-009.

I filled up the tank have ridden about 90 miles and the range is saying ~20 miles til empty. I stay in 2nd and 3rd gear and stay ~5-9k rpms only go lower if Im just cruising. I also have a 26t sprocket.

I expect worse fuel mileage when staying in higher rpms but wasn't sure if it should be this bad.

Do I need to adjust the map? Is my gas gauge maybe off (I know they have a history of being faulty). Or is this normal?

Any thoughts?

TIA

·
Registered
520 Posts
Everything you have done including your riding habit of 5-9k rpm. will decrease fuel mileage drastically. these bikes suck fuel at high rpm like crazy stock with a 28 tooth sprocket. Also you need to calculate mileage by dividing gallons used into miles driven. Not the inacuate gauge.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
So I have a 09 vrod muscle, with vance and hines slip ons. I have the pc5 with autotune. I have loaded the map from power commander, 15-006-009.

I filled up the tank have ridden about 90 miles and the range is saying ~20 miles til empty. I stay in 2nd and 3rd gear and stay ~5-9k rpms only go lower if Im just cruising. I also have a 26t sprocket.

I expect worse fuel mileage when staying in higher rpms but wasn't sure if it should be this bad.

Do I need to adjust the map? Is my gas gauge maybe off (I know they have a history of being faulty). Or is this normal?

Any thoughts?

TIA
Move you cruise afr up to 14.2 and auto tune that area. This is generally in the 10-20 tps% range of 3500-5000. The 26 tooth is also killing mileage as you know. 5-9 k in second and third is serious rpm overkill, staying there. I'm usually chugging through towns in third at 3k . Due to traffic around here in 5th 3750-4200 rpm. Don't believe that nonesense about these engines need to rev unless you like lots of noise for no reason. It's usually the cop out for a bad tune, where the engine will not run right at lower rpms.
Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts