Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my HD stealer install every and all my accessories onto my bike. It has been two weeks since they installed my PM wheel items. I just noticed that the chrome is rubbing off due to contact with my chrome OEM belt guard (Which they installed). Any advice what route I should take to get this fully corrected??? My HD tech should had noticed that it rubbed when he correctly installed it (right). Now, I have a $600.00 pulley with a huge blimish. I would like to talk with my dealer GM about this, but I do not now if they will take blame. I know the pulley is billet aluminum and will not rust, but it will be scratched forever. Any advice would be great

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
The good news is that with some sandpaper and a little elbow grease you can polish aluminum like new!

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bad new is, this pulley is chrome plated!!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
vrsc thats sad for all practical purpose the pulley is ruined. I hope your dealer stands behind his labor.

Max

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update on my situation. I emailed the General Manager with the attached letter. The Service Manager called me and said that he is very sorry for my damaged item and another pulley has been ordered. He will personally make sure it gets installed properly this time and I should not have any further problems.
He wanted to know why I took it to other dealers before I brought it to him. I told him that I was covering all the basis to ensure that I did not get a denied claim!!

Thanks, Jason
:

Bill, Hello. I called earlier and you were not available to take my call. I decided to e-mail this verse leaving a voicemail message. It was 1 1/2 weeks ago that my bike was in the service department for installation of some chrome items. I was washing my bike on Monday and noticed that my $600.00 Chrome Performance Machine Pulley had been ruined in result of slight contact with my OEM chrome belt guard that was installed by Stan. I was shocked; the chrome has been scraped off the outer edge due to improper installation. So before calling you, I decided to get some second and third opinions. I took it to the Orlando HD and showed their Shop Manager my bike. He said that they have installed many Performance Machine Chrome Pulleys on v-rods with chrome OEM belt guards with no problems. He said that when your tech installed these items, he did not check for proper fit or alignment. A simple fix to this slight rubbing, would have been to properly align the wheels and pulley onto the bike so no contact would have been made. If contact was made. If this would have happened at their location, they would take full responsibility and replace the pulley and then properly install it. I called Performance Machine and asked them if they have had any problems with their chrome pulleys on v-rod with chrome OEM belt guards. Their response was no never, their pulleys are HD OEM size specs and are the same design as the HD OEM pulleys (Cush Drive not bolt on). I took it to Gator HD in Leesburg and showed them my bike. They also said that your tech did not check for proper alignment when he installed the pulley and belt guard. They also said that there was an HD bulletin regarding the rubbing of the HD chrome belt guards and HD chrome OEM pulleys a while back. The fix was for the tech installing these items to take extra special care for proper alignment and use every riding scenario to insure no rubbing exists. I have attached two photos of the problem. One, I took this photo at the hotel when Patrick dropped the bike off. I zoomed in on the picture and you can see the rubbing has already damaged the chrome pulley. It must have been damaged when the bike was dynoe'd. Please take this event into special care and thought. Please look at my service history and you will see that all my bike accessories have been installed by your HD techs. I have spent a lot of money and time putting this bike together and have always brought it to you (the professionals) to get it correctly installed so no problems will exist. Unfortunately, there is now a problem that needs to be rectified. Please call me as soon as you can regarding the fix for this problem. This pulley took 3 weeks to receive from Performance Machine, so please order a new one soon
Thank you,

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
vrsc thats good news, make sure to update us when it's complete.

Max

1 - 7 of 7 Posts