Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a wiring diagram of the ECM and ignition circuits for the 2006 and newer vrscd bikes. undoutably they have changed the pin locations on the 06's and the diagram i have is 05 and older. any heplp will be apreciated
thanks robby

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
What are you looking for? I'm looking at the 2002 next to the 2006 manuals right now.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was looking for somthing different from what i have.the diagram i have isn't what the bike is, i dont have a page or diagram number it was from a 06 r book but my ecm has a light green and violet wire in pin # 3. so either my bike is a one of a kind or there is another wiring diagram for the ecm circuits on the 06 d.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
2oo6niterod said:
i was looking for somthing different from what i have.the diagram i have isn't what the bike is, i dont have a page or diagram number it was from a 06 r book but my ecm has a light green and violet wire in pin # 3. so either my bike is a one of a kind or there is another wiring diagram for the ecm circuits on the 06 d.
Wierd. The ECM wiring is the same for the 2002 and 2006 according to my manuals.

The differences are as follows:

Pin number-------2002------------2006
13---------------Empty---------white/black
33----------------W-------------bk/be
34----------------R--------------bk/r

It appears the Vehicle speed sensor wire colors changed.

I don't know why the ECM has power to the 13 pin, unless it is preparation for the new sensors in 2007 models.

PIN 5 should have the LGN/V wire you mention. Pin 3 should be empty, in both models.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did notice the harness going into the ecm has a vrscb label on it

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pin #4 is empty i'm going outside to see if ican get a picture of the connector

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
2oo6niterod said:
i did notice the harness going into the ecm has a vrscb label on it
I don't have a 2004 manual. I can't help there.

I don't know if there are any differences between 2004 and 2006. Somehow, I doubt it. But I can't be sure.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Can you take a picture of your harness?

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
battery deader than hell in the camera i'll git a picture tomorrow i will go out and write down the wire colors and location if it will help

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
let me be sure of somthing first ....where is the ecm located? the digram i have has 36 pins in it and the connector and module on the bike only has 11 pins. am i looking at the wrong module.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
2oo6niterod said:
let me be sure of somthing first ....where is the ecm located
BINGO....

You are looking at the TSSM. The ECM is located in front of the battery!!!

PIN 3 on the TSSM is indeed the LGN/Violet wire.

The TSSM in 2006 is still under the passenger pillion. It has a 12 pin connector on it. The ECM has a 36 pin connector on it.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'll be damned. i was out there with the diagram at the bike and it hit me that the module didn't have enough pins. well, i feel alot better now i know what i'm doing, but i feel like an moron now. i never ask where the ECM was located

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what does it take to get to the ecm?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
2oo6niterod said:
what does it take to get to the ecm?
You can access the wires under the left side cover. The socket terminal is HD # 72076-00

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tach works great and i've started taking my meds agin so i'll be ok..... thanks to all,especially rjrivero thanks, this is a great place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts