Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overloaded my bike tightening up the belt cocking the pulley. Belt wore a hole in my gas tank. If anyone has a stock tank for sell I need it. Call me at 573-718-0915. Tommy

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
vrodroadrat said:
Overloaded my bike tightening up the belt cocking the pulley. Belt wore a hole in my gas tank. If anyone has a stock tank for sell I need it. Call me at 573-718-0915. Tommy
I've got one - yours for the shiiping. I won't be able to box and ship it until late in the week, though...

edit: what year/model bike? I'm assuming you mean a 3.7 gal...

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
There are bound to be MANY of these floating around. I'll give you mine for the price of shipping + a donation to the forum equal to the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Sounds like you need a pulley and belt also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will take that offer, but I will 2x that donation to the forum if you can ship it out the first of the week. I really don't want to ride my BMW to Oct. bike week in Fla. I'll also buy you dinner at KC next year.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
vrodroadrat said:
I will take that offer, but I will 2x that donation to the forum if you can ship it out the first of the week. I really don't want to ride my BMW to Oct. bike week in Fla. I'll also buy you dinner at KC next year.
PM me your addy and specify how you want it sent.

I'll pack it up first thing in the AM.

RJ

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Tommy- you overloaded the Rat Rod? :D

I'm sure you got tanks coming but, if you ever need another just say so.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Dumb question - will the smaller 3.7 gal tank fit on an "R"? Anybody try?
Why? I then wonder if shorter shocks might fit. I know, lowering an "R" is wrong on many levels. So is a noisy exhaust, but we are weird that way. Might be cool. Might not. Something to play with!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
CPTJAM said:
Dumb question - will the smaller 3.7 gal tank fit on an "R"? Anybody try?
Why? I then wonder if shorter shocks might fit. I know, lowering an "R" is wrong on many levels. So is a noisy exhaust, but we are weird that way. Might be cool. Might not. Something to play with!
Yes it will fit in the R with lots of room to spare, I saw an R converted to a race bike at the AHDRA with a regular tank in it so they could lower the suspension.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Tommy,

Did you get the tank yet?

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
vrodroadrat said:

How much did you overload your bike to get the pulley cock-eyed like that? Would having the correct belt tension to start with avoided this? Or is this something that can happen even if you do have the correct tension?
Just curious, so I never do this LOL

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
jmullins said:
How much did you overload your bike to get the pulley cock-eyed like that? Would having the correct belt tension to start with avoided this? Or is this something that can happen even if you do have the correct tension?
Just curious, so I never do this LOL
In case you haven't seen tommy's bike, it's a rather custom setup. I don't think you would have any issue with a stock swingarm, rear wheel setup.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
rjrivero said:
In case you haven't seen tommy's bike, it's a rather custom setup. I don't think you would have any issue with a stock swingarm, rear wheel setup.

Tommy thinks outside the box for sure, props to him for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts