Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought or heard anything about Scorpion Stinger batteries my battery just kee rapped the bed on me. Strange last time I took it for a ride it started right up and no lights for the entire ride. I put the Battery Tender on it for a couple of hours and the light was still red when I went to check on it and the odometer was faintly flashing. Thanks for bearing with me.

Mark

https://www.scorpionbattery.com/powersports-batteries/motorcycle/sstx14h-fp.html

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
check the battery connections first and ground cables on your bike,measure the voltage on the battery with and without the engine running..if it's below 12V without the engine running the battery is weak,with the engine running it should be between 13.5 and 14v, if you rev the engine the voltage goes up

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply ThunderDemon. Yeah I checked my battery connections I would have to jump it to start it like I said with the Battery Tender on it for a couple hours you could just barely make out some faint numbers on the odometer. A cell probably shorted out om the battery.

Mark

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you're like me, I always keep my alarm on. It drains on the battery so I always keep a tender on it. My last battery actually lasted 9 years on a different bike. The less charges and drain down cycles the better. When it runs down so low, a tender won't charge it in a few hours. It will need a full charge and then daily trickeling or replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.