Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you guys are in the need of mortgage assistance or a home equity loan/line of credit let me know and I'll see what I can work out for you with no BS. I work for JP Morgan Chase so it's a legitimate and reputable company. Shoot me a PM if you ever need anything.

Lou

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
My local bank just offered ma a 30yr fixed rate loan at 5&3/4 percent on a home I just made a offer on. Is that pretty reasonable?

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, actually thats very reasonable considering interest rates have gone up over the past few months. I would take that and run with it if I were you since rates are projected to possibly rise a bit again in the coming months. Are you paying points or anything like that??

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
My girlfriend is an Account Exec for Citibank (Wholesale, Home Equity). The market is getting crazy! Chase and Citi are some of the biggest names in the game. I hope you can help some people out, because the market is getting worse and things are gonna get much more strict.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
louballs said:
Yes, actually thats very reasonable considering interest rates have gone up over the past few months. I would take that and run with it if I were you since rates are projected to possibly rise a bit again in the coming months. Are you paying points or anything like that??

Not paying any points. I guess I will go with it.

·
Out to Lunch
801 Posts
Lou - I'm glad you posted this. My local bank is trying to get us to open an equity line of credit with no fees. Now, we have no reason to get a line of credit (no real debt to speak of other than the house) but it would be nice to have a safety net should the house need major repairs. What is the downside of an equity line of credit? I'm assuming that it'll look bad if I need credit for an auto in the future even if untouched. Once they get back in touch with us I can shoot you a PM with the details but I figure this is a question we can all benefit from.

Thanks,
-Bill

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey bill,

I sent you a pm. In response to your direct question though. A line of credit can do good things for your credit depending on how you use it. A lot of times creditors will notice that you have a large amount of credit, but if you aren't using much of it then it will work in your favor.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Yajtsa said:
Lou - I'm glad you posted this. My local bank is trying to get us to open an equity line of credit with no fees. Now, we have no reason to get a line of credit (no real debt to speak of other than the house) but it would be nice to have a safety net should the house need major repairs. What is the downside of an equity line of credit? I'm assuming that it'll look bad if I need credit for an auto in the future even if untouched. Once they get back in touch with us I can shoot you a PM with the details but I figure this is a question we can all benefit from.

Thanks,
-Bill

www.daveramsay.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts