Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at HD's website, they have a mini Chrome upright like this:

But this is for 06' models and earlier, it wont fit the 07's.

Is there anything similar out there?

I think the best I can do right now is probably this mini sissy bar:

I'd rather not have anything, but it will make my wife feel more secure and comfortable that she's not going to slide of the back.

I really dont want like this:

Its just too big for my tastes.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The 07 AW needs a different base plate.

From what i understand the remaining parts.. short sissy bar ( like you want) the regular sissy bar and pad are the same for all models. They all just bolt on to the base plate.

Just check with your dealer however the base plates for th 07s have been in short supply and have only just started coming into stock around the dealers.

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
Check my gallery I have both the touring backrest pad for when I ride 2 up or I take it off and put on the mini sissy when it's just me.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
sissy bar

The 07 DX has a wider fender to accommodate the 240 tire. The 06 version may fit although there could be a contour problem. Too bad most dealers are stingy stocking these kind of parts, would be nice to fit it before layin out the cash. My guess is you could make any year work.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was told that right now they only offer pic #3. I like the one in pic 2, which doesn't fit the '07 DX. I just talked to the shop and the guy that was at the show is due back tomorrow. They were supposed to find out if H-D was going to offer the "mini" mini sissybar for the '07s.

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
pacanis said:
I was told that right now they only offer pic #3. I like the one in pic 2, which doesn't fit the '07 DX. I just talked to the shop and the guy that was at the show is due back tomorrow. They were supposed to find out if H-D was going to offer the "mini" mini sissybar for the '07s.
The one is pic 2 does fit all 07's but it only comes in chrome so I had it powdercoated. This is the one I currently have on my DX right now. It's in my gallery.

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
I have the bottom one on my bike I have a 04 B thats been all blacked out and it looks good on the bike follows the lines plus I use it every day strapping things to it or strapping a women on it. its handy the others wont give your wife the support she's gonna want

1 - 7 of 7 Posts