Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Am living in an area where there is no dyno machine what so ever around. I am planning to change my Exhaust to Bub7/Rinheart 2 into 1.

Am thinking of getting PC USB III with auto tune, after talking with HD local dealer here, they said they will NOT be able to "tune" the bike because there is no dyno, so it is better to go with SE super tuner because they work with these.

My question, will the PCIII with auto tune be capable of adjusting it self without a dyno machine, or shall I play a safe game by getting the super tuner and ensure a support from the local dealer.

another thing, they will sell it to me for 700 US which as I know way expensive than getting from online

I have 08 DX, international since am living in the middle east.

Thanks in advance

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe there is a TAB tuner for sale in the classifieds for 80bucks (im not sure if it will work with your bike/year?) but I would hold off and buy one on here for a reasonable price...

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145825

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145294
Thanks for the reference, for sure I will not go with the above theft even if am going to purchase a brand new one.

My main question to the members, is mainly for the absence of the dyno

shall I go with the SE super tuner (online purchase), SE air filter & Rinehart 2 into 1 so that current HD dealer can program it
OR

PC USB III with auto tune, SE air filter and the same exhaust. I will not be able to tune the bike on a dyno and afraid to harm the engine

regards

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey 2006niterod, thanks for the info. You make it sound very easy. So u r suggesting buying these and tune it myself, without searching for a near by dyno to tune. I went through the EFI controller website, found two products for my bike, one is w/bypass O2 sensors. I think this is the one suitable for newbies like me :)

So what do you think of stage one as this

SE Air filter, Dobeck performance controller, Rinehart 2 into 1 & tuning it my self.

wish it was easy as it sound for a newbie
Thanks

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Hey 2006niterod, thanks for the info. You make it sound very easy. So u r suggesting buying these and tune it myself, without searching for a near by dyno to tune. I went through the EFI controller website, found two products for my bike, one is w/bypass O2 sensors. I think this is the one suitable for newbies like me :)

So what do you think of stage one as this

SE Air filter, Dobeck performance controller, Rinehart 2 into 1 & tuning it my self.

wish it was easy as it sound for a newbie
Thanks
thats considered stage 1 mods, i would get the unit that has the O2 sensor connectors.it will come programed for stage 1, that way the bike will still use the open loop system. i've installed several of the EJK units and didn't need any other adjustments with bikes with 2-1 exhaust just plug and play.on bikes with true dual exhaust i had to take a little fuel out with the GB zone to get rid of the decel pop.
i would go with the EJK instead the TFI as the EJK allows you to remove fuel also.pm me if you need any more details.

i recommended the AFR unit so you can check the afr yourself. it is not necessary to purchase this unit.

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's say am going to wait a little for the EXHAUST, shall it be a problem if I install it on the stock pipes with the preset adjustments? It will take me another month to get the 2 into 1,

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Let's say am going to wait a little for the EXHAUST, shall it be a problem if I install it on the stock pipes with the preset adjustments? It will take me another month to get the 2 into 1,
it wouldn't be a problem. factory sends the bikes out with about a 14.7 AFR. with the stock set up this unit will bring it to about 14. -14.2 afr. then with the exhaust air filter and EJK unit it will be around a 13.5 -13.6

1 - 10 of 10 Posts