Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Todd
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people have relocated new mirrors onto their bikes. I used the Joker Machine Mirror Adapter Sleeves. They work very well :2cents: .
My question is :confused: what is out there in means of a chrome plug to fill my old mirror hole. My dealership took an assortment box out there and did not have anything to fit :banghead: . I have a friend that removed his on his dresser and he got a chrome nut and bolt :barf: . I did not like that at all. I need to know where to get a good one and part number if possible.
Thanks guys and gals.
This is where the knowledge is :notworth:

·
Registered
150 Posts
You might try this, need I believe a 4mm chrome aircraft bolt, duct tape, lock tight, and a hacksaw. tape the bottom side of old mirror hole. cut bolt to length, so head is flush. apply lock tight. let dry overnight. looks like another screwed in allen, and is fairly easy to take back out if need be.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
My best idea is to find an appropriate-sized fine thread set screw (I think they are 5/16"..)

Something like

Four of these will plug your holes, leave a flush surface, and will be easily returnable to stock, if you want to.

·
Ghost Rider
534 Posts
Lokk at my bike on the gallery. I used a chromed allen bolt from the bottom with a chromed acorn nut on the top. Looks sweet. Not my idea, I got it from some on the forum. There is apost (I started it) about this. I'll post it if i find it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts