Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For an early valentines present, my wife is going to let me rent a Muscle while I am down at a conference in Orlando at the end of the month (must make sure I REALLY like it before I drop $$$) and would like to get 250-300 miles of seat time for the day I rent it.
Other than shooting out I-4 and back up, is there a more 'fun' ride to do with my time.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Head northwest toward Ocala. Stop at Fat Boys Bar-B-Q across from Silver Springs to eat lunch. Take State Road 40 east through the Ocala National Forest until you get to SR19. Ride south to Eustis, then to Howey-in-the-Hills. Turn right on SR48 east to US27. Go north to SR 44. Turn east (you are circling Lake Harris) and ride to Mt Dora. Take US441 south through Tangerine to Orlando.

That's 170 miles of beautiful country. You cannot make a wrong turn in that area unless you turn around to go home. So add or subtract variations, but do not omit Fat Boys Bar-B-Q (not to be confused with Sonny's Barbecue next door).

Have fun!

Google Map

·
Registered
821 Posts
Are you volunteering to lead this ride Dr. Dave? If so, I might join you guys.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Are you volunteering to lead this ride Dr. Dave? If so, I might join you guys.
Not at the moment. If I were trying to test ride a bike, I wouldn't want it to be a group ride. I would want to throttle up and down at a moment's notice. So I won't go on this ride unless...

But it does sound like a great ride for the near future if we can all get together one warm Saturday.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
A buddy of mine,Scott owns FatBoys.I've known Scott for about 30 years.

Nice ride you have mapped there Dave.I like another route on the north side of 40.
We should get a few of us together during Bike Week,or Biketoberfest and do one or the other.

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah well... I really love my wife and she is VERY good to me, so I don't make one sided decisions. We are trying to pay off all our short term debt, so toys is not on the 'to do' list -- and I'm a little whipped :spank:

And happier for it :D :alien:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts