Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry folks, necessary sacrifice to put some wheels under my daughter. We were going to the dealer to trade my DX in on a bike for my daughter. She's about 1" shorter than my wife and she has short stocky legs. My wife said "hell no, let me have the DX and lets trade in the F". Of course no arguement from me. We rolled in there with her 2011 F and rode out an hour later with a 2012 Sportster 72. It was tough to do, but at least we kept a V. The reallity is, both my wife and daughter have huge grins.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer's got a big grin on his face, too, I'll bet.
A 2012 $12.5k Sporty with 0 miles for a 2011 $11.5k trade in value V with 7k miles on it. I'd say that's as close to even as you can get. I don't care what far fetched stories that go around, NO ONE ever gets over on a greedy Harley dealer. 1-2k difference either way is not what I call getting over.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
bit of everything now ..... did you take ant parts of the Muscle .. arnotts , wheels etc ????

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only thing I kept were the black ice wheels, I put on the DX and the stock wheels went back on the F.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Similar story but I didn't trade anything in. Wife wanted the 72 and well she got it + all the extras she wanted. I must say I like her taste!

Travis

Attachments

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Similar story but I didn't trade anything in. Wife wanted the 72 and well she got it + all the extras she wanted. I must say I like her taste!

Travis
What tuner are you running on the sporty?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tuner

The dealer threw in the SERT(I know the name has changed but you get the point) for a discounted rate, along with the V&H Big Radius, heavy breather filter, and dyno time for a package deal. Also went with the 5 spoke chrome wheels, chrome rotors, and lower forks so I thought she was done with the customization....... wrong, now she wants the spring seat and chrome swing arm! Too much bling for me to clean so I will ride my muscle while she is cleaning "Cherry Bomb"!

Travis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts