Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a bunch of shite this global warming mess is. I tried to enjoy myself riding through the forest today but it was way down in the 50s. I had long johns, a thermal, a thin face mask on, my thick leather jacket with the Thinsulate zipped in, even my full face helmet on. I still got cold. Can't wait till winter is over, this 50 degree weather garbage is for the birds.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, must be rough... it was -10 degrees F at my house yesterday, and the 2 feet of snow we already have, is going to get another foot tomorrow night. My bike's been on the battery tender since just after Thanksgiving!

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 260 rear tire and 12" shocks and forward controls made it miserable too since I couldn't turn at all and could only ride in a perfectly straight line. (sarcasm)

·
Jarhead
598 Posts
Are you kiddin? That's balmy. I'd ride in 57 degrees with a long sleeve t-shirt and a half face.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
I would be happy if I could get the garage that warm! Get electrics - make 50 seem like 70. You gotta ride enough for the rest of us stuck in the cold!

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Shoot - 39 degrees in Ft. Lauderdale Sunday @ 7AM, still rode to my morning AA meeting on the beach.

WITHOUT A HELMET (I might add)...

Pobre' Cito. 50's eh?

Rick

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hell, it was 38 degrees when I was blasting up and down the local airstrip at 120 mph on sunday. Vrod was really impressing the sportbikes....lol. Then we took a short ride, and there was still snow off the sides of the road. 50s would hve been great!

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
37* today. My bike is hibernating until late March 2011

·
Registered
43 Posts
HAHAHAHA 50* is beautiful i was riding on sunday night and it was about 10* factor in the 70 mph and your looking at about -20* my ass is still frozen!!!

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
You big baby!!!

Man up and ride...

:moon:

:angeldev:

·
George
5,411 Posts
Hit 78 today here.... Supposed to go all the way down to 65 tonight :(

8 pm

66° F
Thunderstorms
66° F
100%
89%
From SSE
17 mph

·
Premium Member
11,356 Posts
To all of you that own PC's, If you hold down the [ALT] key and key in 248 on the numeric keypad, you will get a Degree sign (°) <--- like that. Looks nicer than an "*".

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
It felt like it hit the mid seventys here today.
It rained like all hell for a few hours before dawn,then again this evening.Put down a few inches.This time of year,after a rain it gets cold.We'll probably see the 30's to mid 60's for a few days now.The cold has really made my hands hurt this year but once I get my garage heated up and the humidity cooked down some,my hands are OK.
I haven't ridden much at all this winter.Just a few short bursts here and there.Enough to keep the batterys up.Soon as I get the new skins on my 07,I'll be beatin on it pretty regular again.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What new skins?!?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts