Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

National Ride Your Motorcycle to Work Day this Wed Jul 18. Are you riding your bike?

• What's the difference? I ride to work everyday!

Votes: 58 39.7%
  • Yeah, rain or shine

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Yeah, depends on the weather (What wind wobble?)

Votes: 45 30.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 15 10.3%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ray Price HD's website says this Wed is National Ride Your Motorcycle to Work Day :moped:

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Whether dependent for sure. Wind wobble has nothing to do with my decision. I do not like to ride in rain. I did it for hours and hours the first time ever riding a motorcycle, while taking the MSF course. That was enough for me, unless of course I am out and it rains. I won't willingly ride into it if I do not need to.

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
Yup, just like every other work day. Hey, someone has to do it!

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Elgavilan said:
Yup, just like every other work day. Hey, someone has to do it!

Mike
Do you get a lot of rain there?

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I got rained on today. It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't too bad. :eek:)

·
Fear The Reaper
1,152 Posts
I want to. That's bike night at the lube, but they are calling for afternoon thunderstorms. Hope the forecast changes.

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
Red-Rod said:
Do you get a lot of rain there?
At times we do get a lot of rain, but normally just passing showers where it will rain for 5 or 10 minutes, get everything wet, then go back to sunshine. Had a couple of showers go through here at the office today, but it was dry riding to work, going home in about 1/2 an hour but lots of sunshine now.

Mike

·
Proud Infidel!
5,160 Posts
National Ride to work day

As long as the weather forecast is less than 40% chance of thunderstorms, I ride! Over 40%, I take one of the cars to work. Currently, The forecast looks decent for Baltimore, so I'm on the 'Rod!

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
every day...

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I would if I could, but they don't work us teachers throught the summer....

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Depends on if we are done "playing games" on base here or not. I can't get my gear on my bike securely enough (yes I tried).

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
IS there a Hallmark card for it? Did the same person who invented Secretaries day create this one too? Seems rather ridiculous, does the Corporate Executive Shirt & Tie Guy get to show up in a Tshirt and jeans today for the Big Meeting? "But Its Ride your........" Seems ridiculous.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
I'll ride if it's nice. TOO many deer and crazy drives in Delaware too contend with. Plus it's my week to drive in my carpool. I already told them I might ride though...:D

60% chance of rain starting tomorrow around 1:00am. :mad:

·
Fear The Reaper
1,152 Posts
xjohnny_dangerx said:
Just to let you know they do still have it every wed.
:stupid: :thumb: What he said... :thumb: :stupid:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts