Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I Heard A Weird Noise While Riding In Kyle Petty's Annual One Day Charity Ride. Afterwards, When I Loaded Her In The Truck My Son Said He Heard A Funny Sound In The Rear Wheel Area. When I Got Home And Was Washing Itd I Rubbed All Through The Pulley Area Of The Rear Wheel And Felt The Backside Of The Pulley Loose. All But Two Of The Screws That Hold It On Had Sheared Off Or Fallen Out. If The Belt Would Have Ran Off The Backside At Speed That Would Be A Mess. I'm Taking It To The Dealer Tomorrow. I Don't Know If The Last Tech That Mounted My New Tire Removed It And Forgot To Torque It Back Or If It Just Failed By Virtue Of The Design. If You Have A Wide Tire Factory Vrod Keep An Eye On This!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey member Dlganapol has it right. See photo on his posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dlganapol has it right. the rear pulley screws on the 06 wide tire SE v-rod. Obviously H-D took an 05 SE pulley machined off the rear lip to fit a narrow belt and bolted that piece of sh_t plate on the rear to hold the belt in place. Piss poor design, especially with a bored and stroke 154hp motor yanking on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts