Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grettings fellow V's. Just thought I'd introduce myself a bit and thank you all for making a haven for us to hang out when were not riding.

My Name is Frankie. Im just an average Joe with a "Dark Side" and here is the story:

Walked into the Tucson, Harley Dealer, and smelled the leather and saw the shiny chrome...but the "Darks Side" that resides within my heart made a curious corner stand out and I was drawn to the far left, behind all other bikes....it was the 08' Nightrod...I knew next to nothing about it except my buddies ride V-Rods, and one of them has a 07' Flat Black Nightrod.....(one bad arse bike) so the next thing I knew I was filling out paperwork, ringing a huge bell, and collecting a free t-shirt.

Sitting still or hauling its fat tail down some Arizona ride trail....it looks killer, and fits the Sith Lord that lives within me. ;)

As of right now I have 400 miles on the 08'. I got a trip somewhere on tuesday with some of the local HOG guys at 8am...should be an awesome 1st lonnnnng ride.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Was in Tucson yesterday..... Welcome to the fold.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
welcome

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You haven't gone to the dark side rather you have seen the light! All the others ride around with blinders on following the same looking bike in front of them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the fond welcome. I have 612 miles on the odo as we speak. I love my 08' Night Rod. I have take off most of my "stick on" reflectors, and added new front pegs. I plan on a Vance exh, blacked out drag bars, and levers, and perhaps a turn signal relocater to the forks. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Ha ha ha... the mods have started. Hey, welcome to the club.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
:vrodforu: :vrod: :vrodforu:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here is a couple of pics we took with my phone riding up mount Lemmon...a nice 8k elevation, 70 mile ride. My rear wheel slipped out a bit on some road crack tar...I had to set down my foot really fast, as to not eat rock wall, and jammed up my knee..it aint bad, cuz Im riding again today!!!!!!!!

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
welcome..and nice pics!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts