Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a very bad rattle on the way into work today. Sounded a very mechanical noise, quite worrying! :hmm:

Got to work and checked it out. The small reflector over the lamp in the headlamp had worked loose and was rattling about in the glass.

Worth knowing if you suddenly get a nasty rumbling noise. :ride:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Sounds like HD needs to redesign the front lamp.I've heard about this problem before and my dealers dragbike's reflector fell off.I'm just sitting back waiting for mine to fall off.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Maybe get in there ahead of time with a drop of superglue??? just a thought to prevention.

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Unless somebody figured out a way to open up the head light without breaking it, it's a b*tch to try & go in thru the lightbulb holes!!! :chair:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Managed to get the thing back in after some careful manouvering with a magnetic pick up and long nose pliers. I thought this worked but it fell out too easily again. Decided to bend out the retaining tang to give it more grip.

This time it was a real b....rd to get in. Had to use a length of duct tape doubled over as a thin strap. Once the reflector was located it took one person to hold the lamp and the other to pull like hell on the strap. Seems like it's in good now, but time will tell. :banghead:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
If the bike is still under warranty then I would take it in and get a new one. Harley will only know about the problem if it starts showing up in warranty claims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts