Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before anyone directs me to the search function, I have read every page and done every remedy recommended.

Coolant is spread all over right side of bike under the water pump. Tightened every hose clamp on this bike, placed the bike on a stand, cleaned up bike and ran the piss out of it for a good 30 minutes. NO LEAKS AT ALL. Take the bike for a spin and coolant drizzled all ove the right side of bike???? Change out coolant cap and put a towel around overflow tank thinking if coolant is coming from there the towel would catch it but nothing. Coolant doesn't seem to be coming from weep hole. I take it to HD with coolant stains left on there and the tech spent a good 5 hours on it, tightening all clamps and running it inside the shop and pressure testing it and he found no leaks. Great, I get the bike back thinking positive things, take it for a spin and coolant everywhere. I can't seem to locate the leak.

I do have the original overflow tank but couldn't locate coolant leaking from that area.

Any thoughts:notworth:

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Might be one of the shrink clamps. Check the two pipes where they clamp to the top of the engine.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
i had an x here with that very same problem.the leak would only show after it had sat for a while after a ride.the leak has stoped after the thermostat housing was nipped up.every thing else that could leak was checked.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wrong forum area, sorry. Mods feel free to delete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts