Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A Beautiful Country
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning on the way to work, I was headed around a cloverleaf getting onto the highway, and I heard a strange buzzing from the rear end. It didn't sound like a noise caused by something rubbing, it was an actual buzzing sound. When I got to work, I checked the bike over and nothing seemed amiss... Anyone have any Ideas?

·
Registered
419 Posts
What did you have for breakfast this AM?? Often times a fatty breakfast causes a bit of buzzing from my rear end as well. I think it's perfectly normal and wouldn't give it much thought. BigV

·
Registered
597 Posts
Might be the same noise that I have heard. Mine is coming from my stock exhaust cans, something inside is rattling around. Give the cans a good whack with your palm and see if it makes the same noise that you heard, if so the fix is simple, put on an aftermarket set of pipes. That is what I am going to do.

·
A Beautiful Country
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing for breakfast... I will look at the cans

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine buzzed at a certain rpm on acceleration only. Turned out to be the heat shields touching at the overlap.
Greg

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
On my AW it was the header heatshield coming loose. I believe the DX has the same shields on the header? If not, my apologies.

·
A Beautiful Country
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the ideas... I will check them out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts