Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike had a new birth this weekend! I (with the help of a good friend who is VERY mechanically inclined) got some things done that I have been wanting to do for a LONG time, just did not have time. From early friday morning to late last night I got the following things done:

Powder coated myself the following items black - Belt cover, horn cover, headlight bracket, spacers for rear suspension, brake pedal and shifter

Attached rear Black progressive suspension

Installed new slotted mirrors with hotspots

Attached black powder coated lower fork sliders - Powdered them myself months ago - big shout to flying freddie his step by step instructions were spot on and helped stop me from making a huge mess! The screaming eagle fork oil is nice.

Replaced stock triple trees with black triple trees purchased from Tyson (side note - he does GREAT work).

Replaced stock exhaust with NightRod exhaust purchased off Ebay - This required some modification to the bracket. The pipes are unbaffled and sound GREAT, not too loud with a nice rumble. So YES this can be done!

Only thing I have left to do is change out the rear taillight to LEDs and I am am trying to decide on some new paint.. ghost flames? racing stripe? Decisions, Decisions....

Thanks to all the advice, posts and help from members on this forum I got this done with very few complications.

Pictures:

Attachments

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
Beautiful bike!!! :plause: Get a stealth light from Joe, that would fit your bike perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Looks great !! Big difference with all the black, good looking bike.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Looks sharp...wish my frame was black.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Man your bike looks good.I'd leave the black skins on it ifin it were mine or keep those so you swap.I really like the exhaust.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
looks great, now we need to something about that swingarm. pm me:hidesbeh:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Stealth light? Details please!

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Top it off with a set of DX side covers that would only add detail to an already beautiful ride!

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Nice job! Looks great! Yes, I second the Stealth light. Go to the HeavyCycle's webpage and check it out! It's all blacked out and would look great on your bike!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again ya'll! I will check out the HeavyCycle tail light.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Lookin' good. Now PC that swingarm! You'll need a press to get the bearings out but thats it for the hard stuff. I found out a stock B swing arm WILL fit in an oven. It's tight but it will fit. Before I PC'd mine I test fit it and made up hangers to hold it correctly in the oven before having at it.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Hats off to you, looking good!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts