Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my rat-bike in progress. The airbox cover had a big dent on the left side, so I cut it out in a shape ( a shape I thought would fit the lines of the bike) with a grinder with a cutting wheel attached.

Still looking for a rear fender to paint. I did the paint job myself in my garage. Plan on painting the clam shell black too.

Just got tired of the "pretty" bike look. I really like 32 Ford rat rods as well as the rat bike look. The original tins are put away in boxes in my garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
This is my rat-bike in progress. The airbox cover had a big dent on the left side, so I cut it out in a shape with a grinder with a cutting wheel attached.

Still looking for a rear fender to paint. I did the paint job myself in my garage. Plan on painting the clam shell black too.

Just got tired of the "pretty" bike look. I really like 32 Ford rat rods as well as the rat bike look. The original tins are put away in boxes in my garage.
I hope you bought it used before you turned it into that

·
electric soup
747 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
This is my rat-bike in progress. The airbox cover had a big dent on the left side, so I cut it out in a shape with a grinder with a cutting wheel attached.

What a heap.................but i guess thats a compliment! :D

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JDR_ROD said:
I hope you bought it used before you turned it into that
Actually, its my old one. I got whacked last October by a lady talking on her cell phone and driving. Almost decided to sell the thing. Got the new one replaced by the other driver's insurance still in the box.

I'm thinking about cutting out the other side and running the bike topless.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like it. Throw a powdercoated flat black CFR on it--that'd look sweet.

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
Way to go man!!! While your at it you have to paint the pulley cover like Gazoo did. Pretty sucks, except for when it doesn't suck and that's expensive!

Topless is pretty loud, so good luck with that. However now that you have opened up the airbox cover the echo effect should lessen.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Rip off the chain guard and paint the side cover flat black. It's looking kinda cool. I like the blue better though.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are a couple of pics when I had flames on the airbox. Didn't like the flames, so I painted over them.

The wire mesh was painted the same color as my frame, but it looked too flashy or "pretty", so I just painted the mesh flat black too.

Yeah, I love the look of exile cycles. I have an extra right fork and front wheel. Maybe when I get a left fork, I'll try the acid thing.

Haven't decided on a pipe yet.

Attachments

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Rat Bikes are the coolest.... think of all the time you'll save by not washing, waxing, and primping that bike...

I haven't "washed" my bike in over a year..... sure I'll wipe the tins a bit, but that's it.... my '04 is well on it's way to being ratty...

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Just start taking stuff off! Lose the fork reflectors with a hair dryer, the belt guard (lower) chop the upper belt guard, remove the turn signals, passenger footpegs, seat strap, DA, and add a sidemount. The essence of a "rat" bike is to chop off all the extra stuff. Looks cool to me! Good luck! Joe

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
This is my rat-bike in progress. The airbox cover had a big dent on the left side, so I cut it out in a shape ( a shape I thought would fit the lines of the bike) with a grinder with a cutting wheel attached.

Has promise, but needs to be roughened up a tad. Also (I don't quite understand the "need rear fender thing"), looks like there's a rear fender to paint hanging on the bike . . .

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Gearheadesw said:
Dude, I like it, cut the other side, go topless, loud ass pipes, ride it hard as hell, scare people. Saweet
:them: Exactly! I think it would look good with either a shorter front fender or lose it all together. Definitely lose the dogs ass though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts