1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
beautiful bike!

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Hint: five minutes with a hair dryer and those reflectors are history.

I love the paint! Very nice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! They are slip ons I bought off ebay. Got them from tab performance. He sales 2 type. The baffled type (which I have so its not so loud) and the non-baffled type. I had my programming done at the harley shop. Mine dynoed out at 115hp at the rear wheels with the slip ons and a screaming eagle air filter.

·
Registered
332 Posts
miwise said:
Thanks! They are slip ons I bought off ebay. Got them from tab performance. He sales 2 type. The baffled type (which I have so its not so loud) and the non-baffled type. Word to the wise, don't buy his programmer. Go have it done at the harley shop. Mine dynoed out at 115hp at the rear wheels with the slip ons and a screaming eagle air filter.
Hmmmmmm...... I have the TAB package and I don't have any problem with mine. Period. I set mine myself and couldn't be more pleased. Runs perfect. Did you get the fuel manager and try setting the pots where the motor performed the best ? What fuel management system did you install(have installed) ? I'm curious.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The harley shop put a screamin eagle race tuner kit on it. part number 32107-01g. Runs like a dream now. Couldn't be happier except with the price. It cost me 800 dollars to have done. They said that I could have done a power commander piggyback for cheaper but didn't have them in stock. I didn't want to wait for them to order them to get one in so I let them do the map to the ecu.

·
Registered
332 Posts
miwise said:
That is interesting. Maybe mine was defective or something. I don't know. I do know though that it runs much better now. Before it was sputtering, backfiring, and popping. The exhaust changed colors too. The harley shop put a screamin eagle race tuner kit on it. part number 32107-01g. Runs like a dream now. Couldn't be happier except with the price. It cost me 800 dollars to have done. BTW, I didn't really experiment with any of the extra maps. I just tuned it into the setting for the VRSCR (number 9). The harley shop tried to experiment with three lean/rich knobs, but couldn't get one of them to respond. Thats why they told me I had to do the tuner. The said the could have done a power commander piggyback for cheaper but didn't have them in stock. I didn't want to wait for them to order them to get one in so I let them do the map to the ecu.

$800. Did you contact Todd and ask him for any tips before you went to the stealer ? I'd say no.
Of course they are going to sell you something that they CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were in a VUNERABLE spot and they took advantage of it. That is total BS !!!!

I can tell you one thing, when I set my fueler up, as I was adjusting the pots I had AN IMMEDIATE response when I turned the pot dials. I hate the fact that you spent the money that you did, DIDN'T HAVE TO, but I hope someone else learns from it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I never had any problems with TAB programmer easy to put on and works great quite strange every one that take their bike to dealer with Tab on they say it is not right harming engine?

·
Registered
332 Posts
VRSCRSNOW said:
I never had any problems with TAB programmer easy to put on and works great quite strange every one that take their bike to dealer with Tab on they say it is not right harming engine?
:them: No problems here. I really wish that I NEEDED to schedule a dyno run for mine, just to see if the so called 120 hp motor was delivering what the MOCO was selling. I'm sure it isn't. As is well attested to on this forum. But, I'm happy with what I got over stock with the TAB package. Sounds great. Runs great. So be it. Hope it all works out for anyone else that purchases the Tab package.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
I like the paint!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just was able to go to the dealer (don't trust the one here, so I trailored it to Lafayette). Now it runs like a champ. has ~115hp at the rear wheel now. They were surprised at Lafayette when I went to checkout. BTW, what percentage powerloss is there in the drivetrain. I know you can probably figure around 25 to 30 percent in a standard auto transmission in a car, but don't know the figures for M/c's. Just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head. Anyways, Todd was very easy to deal with and I would do business with him again. He stands behind his products.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the paint!
Thanks! Had to have it repainted after forgetting to put the kickstand down when I first bought it, so I decided to go custom. My cousin's a painter, so I just told him to make it look good. He's really artistic and did. He had a friend who did the airbrushing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
miwise said:
I did contact him in June. Just was able to go to the dealer (don't trust the one here, so I trailored it to Lafayette). He was very very helpful and told me he would do whatever he could to help me. I told him my settings and he said it was correct. I set it up exactly as the instructions said. May have been a bad connection in the quick connect thing he sent with it I was thinking, but didn't want to deal with it after it was all back together. That's why I took it to the dealer. I have nothing against todd. I like the exhausts I bought from him, but the programmer just didn't work for me. Who knows why. The dyno did work though. All I know is it ran like crap at first and now it runs like a champ. has ~115hp at the rear wheel now. They were surprised at Lafayette when I went to checkout. BTW, what percentage powerloss is there in the drivetrain. I know you can probably figure around 25 to 30 percent in a standard auto transmission in a car, but don't know the figures for M/c's. Just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head. Anyways, Todd was very easy to deal with and I would do business with him again to put any fears aside about his products. He stands behind them. I still need to email him to let him know how it all turned out.

Just wondering. Glad to hear, ajam318

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Nice bike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts