Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts
Cool- I was considering doing something like that for my A- list your parts, I bet others would be interested- nice job!

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
Kick a$$. Yes parts list and general procedure please. Also I love the red accents on your bike. What shocks are those?

·
Dreaming of Twisties
593 Posts
Heel-toe or Heel rest?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speedy818 said:
Heel-toe or Heel rest?
being this is the only bike i ever owned.and that im very inclined to see things done that little bit better. i notice,just like every one else that rode a vrscr. harley inventers must of been on vacation. i cant explain it any other way.....it just doesnt feel right having one foot planted and the other one flopping around.lol
so i was inspired to do something about it,and i did. if you like to know howi did it. i bought a v-rod forward control break leaver i reemed out the center hole to fit snugly over theone inch space,between the clutch lever and foot peg. i then cut the peice in half that your heal rest one, to shorten it. and drilled a small hole underneeth where the part is connected. be sure before you drill.that you have it angled like the other side is. drill thru the break lever and only 1/4 inch or less/ not more then/ thru the rod that that supports the lever/then cut the drill bit to size and with jb lock weld to secure it.
thats it. total cost was 35 bucks. and if your thinking about it getting in the way of shifting. it doesnt!!! because it has a s curve ,you have more then enought room for shifting....hope this helps...

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
OOOOOh, a heel "rest". Hey that is cool, I know what you mean. After about 50 miles with the right one on the rest and the left one "hanging" I get a muscle spasm in the left calf. Great idea!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
long rides make it a necessity. even riding in the city, witch i do allot. Having a planted left and right foot =s more control. And it looks cool too. it must make all the other plastic sport bikes feel jealous:) i havent seen any foot and heal comfort like my vrscr:)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice work!! :cheers:
Like the mirrors, can you see behind your elbows with them? What are they?

·
Keep up Man! Geez.
1,006 Posts
Very Interesting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts