Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team Canada GOLD !!!
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New years . My Vrod is stored in my Garage not heated but on Rubber flooring.its been stored now for over 2 months 4 days ago i notice my rear tire flat,,, and my front had lost air....It gets cold here in Canada.. so i filled tires back up and 3 days later i tapped on rear tire and could tell not holding air pressure again so i just pumped it up. im worried now because this thursday Jan 6 i need to load it in the trailer and take to bike show for the weekend.Any one had this problem and does it sound like because of cold and why wont it hold air now definetly no flats...

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
sounds like you have a slow leak. It's natural to lose a few psi during storage, especially cold storage, but it should not be going completely flat. Keep in mind that a cold tire is not as pliable as a warm tire, so if you had a questionable seal before the cold weather, it is now barely a seal at all. Fill it up, put it on the trailer, take it to the show (guessing indoors), once inside for a few hours top it off again and see how it holds.
There is little to no concern needed regarding developing flat spots on your modern motorcycle tires. However, if you are still concerned, you could always put the bike on lift for the winter or even a couple of 4x4 studs

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
tires will form small cracks and leaks along the bead. By just adding air your really not doing anything to help them in the cold. The bike needs to be warmed up ( by riding ) to help reseal these small imperfections. could also be a Cold seal in the fill valve as well not seating from the same thing the cold . I always put 1 small drop of very light oil into my valves to help that seat . with just that one drop as soon as the fill air hits it it coats the valve and softens the seal.

Good luck i'm sure it will be fine

·
Team Canada GOLD !!!
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok great thanks guys last 2 winters it was stored indoors heated at dealer no tire issues only now first time unheated .. And yes Big international 3 day indoor bike show in Toronto Ontario.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Did you check it for nails?

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
Happy New years . My Vrod is stored in my Garage not heated but on Rubber flooring.its been stored now for over 2 months 4 days ago i notice my rear tire flat,,, and my front had lost air....It gets cold here in Canada.. so i filled tires back up and 3 days later i tapped on rear tire and could tell not holding air pressure again so i just pumped it up. im worried now because this thursday Jan 6 i need to load it in the trailer and take to bike show for the weekend.Any one had this problem and does it sound like because of cold and why wont it hold air now definetly no flats...
Maybe Paris Hilton let the air out after you took her picture sitting on your bike..........

Attachments

·
Team Canada GOLD !!!
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lmfao too funny :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts