Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Thunderheaders installed along with the SERT and SE air cleaner. I know the bracket that came with the Thunderheaders is gosh awful big and ugly. I spoke with a couple of board members here about their brackets and liked their ideas. I'm working on it.

My dealer called me and said they had spoken with Thunderheader. Thunderheader told them the '06 bracket doesn't work for the '07 DX. They are working on a fix. Until then the dealer said to bring the bike in and they would make sure the bracket doesn't rub up against the tank. I met a rider last weekend who turned out to be a mechanical engineer. He is gonna see what kind of design he can come up with that will be appeasing to the eyes and still function with no deficiencies.

So far the bike has ran great. No problems. When I got it back from the dealer I asked for the map. they gave me 2 pieces of paper that show the before and after diagrams on the dyno. These just show HP and Torque. I'm guessing they didn't give me the actual map of the SERT. If this is true when I drop it tomorrow afternoon for the 1000 mile service I'll inquire again.

Here are a couple of pics of the bike....

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
dj i just installed my thunderheaders 2 days ago. what a sound. i ride with manolo he has a dx with thunderheaders. he made a bracket that works well. talk to him. and when u are running with another vrod with the t/hs it is deafing

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rentalman,

Yes, the headers are the stock ones... the heat shields came with it...

DTHDOC,

When I dropped it off today for the 1000 mile service I asked about the map. The service rep said the only one they knew of was the before and after ones that show HP and Torque. I'll ask again on Tuesday when I pick up the bike. The "real" service manager will be working then....

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Those are great looking pipes!!!! I am still torn between those and the cfr. I like what you have as they look like they get the noise out beghind you.

Notive any improvement on HP? What did you have before and after?

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
balius,

Before: HP: 101.6 Torque: 77.98

After: HP: 105.1 Torque: 83.66

Temp was 82.0, HUmidity was 65% Pressure was 29.8 inHg

No other fine tuning besides what the dealer put in...

Darin

I'm still working on getting the MAP from the SERT....

·
Registered
964 Posts
The "map" is a computer file that you use with a laptop to program your ecm through you sert.

I just wasnt sure that was clear after reading all the post.

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I asked the dealer and they advised me not to download it. They did say I could buy the cables and print it out myself but not to touch any of the settings....

I realize not to touch any of the measurements but they were talking down to me and pissed me off a bit....

·
Smokin some asphalt!
1,527 Posts
balius said:
Those are great looking pipes!!!! I am still torn between those and the cfr. I like what you have as they look like they get the noise out beghind you.

Notive any improvement on HP? What did you have before and after?
IF you like a really loud exhaust note and one that is unique then get the thunderheaders. A great choice. I would have no other!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts