Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sincere apologies to members and admin

It seems as tho I've made some folks unhappy by stating I'm a dealer in threads. I didn't realize that was a no no as far as the rules go. These are the rules that were sent to me when I became a vendor;

Vendors must follow moderation rules and obey directives from moderators.

As well, vendors:

CAN
- post in relevant threads about their products (for example a thread about helmets would allow a helmet vendor to post info about their product there)
- add commercial posts, or group buys in relevant threads (created threads must have some information value and be relevant.)
- reply by PM to members with pricing information
- have links to their commercial website in their signature

CANNOT
- spam members by PM or email
- spam multiple forums with the same ad post
- create new threads in discussion categories strictly to promote product
- post in irrelevant threads
- promote competing forums

When I read these rules, I didn't see anything stating I couldn't say I was a dealer in a thread that was talking about a product that I have a dealership for but I guess that's considered spamming so my sincere apologies to the members and admin. I meant no harm and I will not state that I'm a dealer again in threads... Lesson learned... Thanks... T

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Wow never would have thought it would matter either...but evidently it does oh well such is life bro it is what it is

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
YGBSM, all these vendors spam threads. Keep up the good work, you got catchin' up to do. :D

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow never would have thought it would matter either...but evidently it does oh well such is life bro it is what it is
Well it explains the what and the why... I didn't realize there was unwritten rules, now I know... Funny, those that were having problems with it never sent me a PM about it, all they had to do was set me straight on the rules and I would have complied... Oh well, I know now so I will stop doing the offense... :)...

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YGBSM, all these vendors spam threads. Keep up the good work, you got catchin' up to do. :D
Nope, I know the rules now :)... No catch'en up for this one... I'm on probabtion, one more warning and I'm banned so, I've done all the catch'en up I'm gunna do :)...

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Oh my god, hope you did not break the interwebs... :paper:

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
no harm, no foul

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
Apologize accepted if it's honestly meant.
However this thread of yours could also be taken as a complaint and an attempt to pull members onto your side against the mods and site owners.
Seems like you still don't understand the problem.
You wrote:
we exchanged pm's and now you bring it to the public?

Let me explain it one more time in public:

You joined this forum 04-25-2008, since you had Posts Per Day: 1.33
One point three post per day!

However since you became a vendor here, your postcount is about 15 posts per day! In the moderators and site owners opinion you are doing that mainly to promote your business.
No problem with that at all, but please do it inside the classified area.

Yes there are others doing the same or similar, they too will be dealt with.
@all: please report commercial posts you find outside the classifieds, ****ing banners don't count :D

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Jan, it looks like you and admin and the owners are looking for any reason to ban me that you can find... Nothing I posted here was taken from any PM between us or anyone else... If fact, your last PM to me was you were out of it and Helena was taking over... I was simply showing members and you the reason why I was posting the way I was because my intrepretation of the rules was wrong...

This was and is a sincere apology to all concerned and was only an attempt on my part to explain what happened... I don't need nor am I trying to garner support from anyone... I did not realize that stating I was a dealer in a thread was considered "spamming" based on the rules I was given...

I have nothing further to say on this... I made a sincere apology but it is obvoious to me now that no matter what I say or do, it will be taken in a negative thought... If this post ban's me from the site, then please do so and get it over with... I was wrong for making posts in threads outside the classified area, I was wrong for posting that I was a dealer in threads that were talking about a product I have a dealership for, this I admitt and take full responsibility for... All were unintentional mistakes but none the less they were made by me and no one else...

Your post was brought to my attention, as I am taking a break from the forum for personal reasons and yes I was taking a break to let things settle down... I have more important issues going on that I need to take care of so, if I'm banned then I'll know when and if the time comes that I come back to the forum...

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Tbones, there is an underlying current of suspicions and accusations regarding vendors, personal classifieds and all the peripheral content that goes with them. Some have very distinct opinions on pricing, shipping costs, spamming, re-selling, ect. It's all very opinionated and some are extremely sensitive and will hi-jack your sale thread to tell you so.
Now, having said that, there have been and still are vendors and members, including and involving eBay as well, who absolutely need watching and members need be warned, so some of the ill-will has been learned and warranted.

Lay low for a while Bro.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
this thread of yours could also be taken as a complaint and an attempt to pull members onto your side against the mods and site owners.

However since you became a vendor here, your postcount is about 15 posts per day! In the moderators and site owners opinion you are doing that mainly to promote your business.
I think it's working..... vendors don't stop being vendors outside the classified sections, get real... and find something better to do with your time than studying posts per day :soapbox:

·
06 VRSCD TraskTurbo
25 Posts
I think it's working..... vendors don't stop being vendors outside the classified sections, get real... and find something better to do with your time than studying posts per day :soapbox:
:them: And now he's banned for posting this apology? WTF?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Dear Mods, now would be a good time to close this thread.
It's a sad sad day in Mudville when I'm the voice of reason.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Apologize accepted if it's honestly meant.
However this thread of yours could also be taken as a complaint and an attempt to pull members onto your side against the mods and site owners.
Seems like you still don't understand the problem.
You wrote:

we exchanged pm's and now you bring it to the public?

Yes there are others doing the same or similar, they too will be dealt with.
@all: please report commercial posts you find outside the classifieds, ****ing banners don't count :D
I read Tbones post as an acceptance of responsibility, and a sincere apology. Odd that were looking for something sinister in it.

·
06 VRSCD TraskTurbo
25 Posts
Dear Mods, now would be a good time to close this thread.
It's a sad sad day in Mudville when I'm the voice of reason.
:them: Now that he's banned, looks like you and the others got what you wanted...

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Doesn't look like anyone has been banned, yet.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
hell from my experience here half the venders should be banned and all the sponsers as well for jumpin in threads and throwing info out about thier products

·
06 VRSCD TraskTurbo
25 Posts
hell from my experience here half the venders should be banned and all the sponsers as well for jumpin in threads and throwing info out about thier products
Give the man a $100, you just answered why he was banned... Other vendors along with admin's and mod's didn't appreciate his member discount so, this is how you eliminate competition...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.