1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did you ever respond to the poster asking what HD model you own? Your initial results indicate that you do not completely understand the dynamic here. Your wording is restricted to the language found in the survey itself (intended to be constructive criticism).

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
??????

You survey starts with:

"Regarding this brand community and your fellow members, please respond to the following:"

How are your defining brand community?

Harley Davidson is a brand.
V-Rod is a model or sub-brand.

Do you want us to answer the questions from a perspective of owning a V-Rod, which what this site is dedicated to, or as someone who owns a Harley. The two a very different.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
You survey starts with:

"Regarding this brand community and your fellow members, please respond to the following:"

How are your defining brand community?

Harley Davidson is a brand.
V-Rod is a model or sub-brand.

Do you want us to answer the questions from a perspective of owning a V-Rod, which what this site is dedicated to, or as someone who owns a Harley. The two a very different.
:them:

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Wish they would delete his post. I never took survey and still will continue not to. Hey NEVER answered what HD he owns. I will go out and say he OWNS NOTHING!!! Go spam else where Jr.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
It's up to the fellow doing the survey to decide if V-Rods are a subcategory of Harley or not. I don't think it matters at all though, so what if his results are skewed? It's a class project, you think his prof is going to verify the data?

To the OP, I tried to answer your questions, but the second page of the form wouldn't load.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear Ernie82, A brand community is basically this online V-rod Community. However, if someone owns a Harvey and not V-rod, i will still be happy if these members will participate. I will probably get different answers, but this whats its all about. I have indeed approached other online communities as my university prof. requested to do so. Thats why i only asking for help from those members who are willing to do it. In the past there were so many:)

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
you did your homework

He's been posting this stuff everywhere:
http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/forum/hdrcgb-virtual-rally/84057-hey-i-need-some-help.html
even on Honda forums:
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/new-member-introductions/4189-hey-everyone.html
and on Suzuki forums:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?p=588692

but the Ducati and Kawasaki forums deleted his post as spam.
In fact he's posted it on every motorcycle forum you can find........
Good work!
I'll give you an A+ for the research.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dear Ernie82, A brand community is basically this online V-rod Community. However, if someone owns a Harvey and not V-rod, i will still be happy if these members will participate. I will probably get different answers, but this whats its all about. I have indeed approached other online communities as my university prof. requested to do so. Thats why i only asking for help from those members who are willing to do it. In the past there were so many:)
So then you really don't care about accuracy or understanding the marketplace/customer - you just want numbers. Did your prof tell you to "pretend" to own a motorcycle too?

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Its clear this fool is a spamming liar, ban his ass you lazy ass mods.

In his first thread, he claimed in the thread title he rode a HD, HE DOESNT.

LOCK/DELETE/BAN
:them:

·
Registered abUser
299 Posts
Its clear this fool is a spamming liar, ban his ass you lazy ass mods.

In his first thread, he claimed in the thread title he rode a HD, HE DOESNT.

LOCK/DELETE/BAN
I'll agree that he's not from here - but I am still interested in the results. Surveyers try to use neutral language - I am glad that the survey is posted across multiple boards and brands.

He has promised to share results. Can we give him a chance to do that.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
I'll agree that he's not from here - but I am still interested in the results. Surveyers try to use neutral language - I am glad that the survey is posted across multiple boards and brands.

He has promised to share results. Can we give him a chance to do that.
Sure , but he's already said he's looking for results that fit his hypothesis , so it would be much easier if he tells us what his hypothesis about motorcycle brands actually is.
Bearing in mind that he doesn't actually own one , you may or may not find that interesting.

Steve

·
Registered
246 Posts
This was an IQ test...everybody who posted failed....including myself....right now this dope is probably in his parents garage sniffing the seat on the Schwinn his big sister used to ride....

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
he's got a new ride

Spotted him on a pink moped with ape bars in San Francisco. He finally traded in the Schwinn with banana seat.:dance:

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
I know guy's who didn't get this worked up when they caught their wife cheating. Get a little more fiber in your diet, refill your prosaic scrip, and calm down.
It's a class project, who gives a shit what conclusions he comes too? If telling his prof that we're a cult of homosexual goat worshipers gets him an a, I'm fine with it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts